Hurricane Ida

Help Support CattleToday:

I am on the east tail, usually the heavy rain bands. So maybe in for some heavy rain if current predicted path holds out. Projected to make land fall west of New Orleans, so hopefully want hit as populated of an area before it downgrades.

I am on the east tail, usually the heavy rain bands. So maybe in for some heavy rain if current predicted path holds out. Projected to make land fall west of New Orleans, so hopefully want hit as populated of an area before it downgrades.
That puts that cesspool soup bowl NOLA on the nasty side.

If I remember, cypress farms lives in south central Louisiana, he will get hit hard, Ryder will be in the northeast part of the storm, somewhere around Franklinton he will get hit pretty hard, DCA lives north of lake Charles, he is on the west side. I am in south central MS , Columbia. We supposed to have 75 mph winds. Right now I will be about 70 miles from the center.

If I remember, cypress farms lives in south central Louisiana, he will get hit hard, Ryder will be in the northeast part of the storm, somewhere around Franklinton he will get hit pretty hard, DCA lives north of lake Charles, he is on the west side. I am in south central MS , Columbia. We supposed to have 75 mph winds. Right now I will be about 70 miles from the center.
There's someone else here at CT from that area.
BBirder.
Last I heard, he lived near New Iberia. His last post was in May 2021.
Current maps indicate the likely landfall point somewhere between West NOLA and Eastern lake Charles Parish, with Avery Island/New Iberia/Cypremort Point in the bullseye. 29°5N+91°6W

Current storm eye is 24.8N 86.1W

Locations and directions can change at any time tho.

Last edited:
BBirder.
Current maps indicate the likely landfall point somewhere between West NOLA and Eastern lake Charles Parish, with Avery Island/New Iberia/Cypremort Point in the bullseye. 29°5N+91°6W

Doesn't JWBrahman live down that way?

JW lives up near Baton Rouge in the New Roads area, Just North of I-10 I believe.
He'll get some wind and rain for sure but google maps says it's 217 miles from Grand Isle La to new Roads La or 125 miles from Cypremort Point la.

BBirder.

GB,
I'm still here and kicking. Actually from Abbeville, about 20 mi west of New Iberia. Spent the afternoon getting ready for this blow. Tied everything down and put it in the Lords hands. We've been thru this many times before, but one should always be cautious and stay updated on the weather. Me and my family were involved in one tornado and I always said I would take 10 hurricanes before another tornado. At least you can watch the progress on the news and decide if you want to stay or leave. We are going to ride this one out. It won't be bad if it stays to our east.
Not sure about your info on my posts. I'm more of a lurker but I show that I posted in July and twice in Aug. I'll try to keep ya'll updated when it gerts closer.

The search doesn't always show posts in chronological order like it should I suppose.

Stay safe over there. If ya need somewhere to run to, I'll post directions to my place here.

Not sure about your info on my posts. I'm more of a lurker but I show that I posted in July and twice in Aug. I'll try to keep ya'll updated when it gerts closer.

Latest posts