How do you northerners handle it?

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Not the cold per se but all the pockets. I've got way too many pockets on me now and I'm tempted to use them all only to find myself rummaging through all my pockets trying to find what I'm looking for. You folks must have some system. Please share.

Jogeephus":xcq21l08 said:
Not the cold per se but all the pockets. I've got way too many pockets on me now and I'm tempted to use them all only to find myself rummaging through all my pockets trying to find what I'm looking for. You folks must have some system. Please share.

I have no system whatsoever, my winter farm coat must weigh an extra 40 lbs. I fumble around like an idiot trying to find what I need out of it.

The best is when I'm wearing my insulated bibs too, then I really have extra pockets, plus that slit in the bibs so I can still reach my pants pocket. My favorite is when I mistake that slit for the bib pocket and a few steps later I feel something slide down my leg and out the bottom, Awesome!

Jogeephus":2sw0j17s said:

I have wondered along the same lines with all the clothes and you have that pain while your in the back pasture.

Jogeephus":148ejfjj said:
Yeah....you can't find what your looking for now but how nice it is to find what you were looking for an hour ago.....

SconnieBeef":7cy8l6h6 said:
The best is when I'm wearing my insulated bibs too, then I really have extra pockets, plus that slit in the bibs so I can still reach my pants pocket. My favorite is when I mistake that slit for the bib pocket and a few steps later I feel something slide down my leg and out the bottom, Awesome!

Thought I was the only one that did that---only I don't always feel it and lose my keys or Barlow.
Worse, get all that clothing on and need to get to my wallet, which is in my jeans back pocket. I must look like I'm having some kind of seizure twisting my arm into an un-natural state, going in from front pocket slit, reaching back and then up to the rear pocket. Lady at the bank was eyeing me pretty cautiously yesterday...especially when I lost hold of it about 1/2 way around, and it slid down my leg and into my dang boot top. ...

Thought I was the only one that did that---only I don't always feel it and lose my keys or Barlow.
Worse, get all that clothing on and need to get to my wallet, which is in my jeans back pocket. I must look like I'm having some kind of seizure twisting my arm into an un-natural state, going in from front pocket slit, reaching back and then up to the rear pocket. Lady at the bank was eyeing me pretty cautiously yesterday...especially when I lost hold of it about 1/2 way around, and it slid down my leg and into my dang boot top. ...

O man, I laughed so hard, I have definitely tried to do the front slit pocket reach around, there is no graceful way to do that what so ever. I did almost lose my leatherman like that, I though I had it clipped back inside my real pocket and it wasn't, I miraculously found it the next day

What worries me the most is having to go with all them clothes on. Especially back in the woods.

highgrit":2kxfclis said:
What worries me the most is having to go with all them clothes on. Especially back in the woods.

Just remember to tuck the hood on your hooded coveralls towards the front.

SconnieBeef":23ekltaj said:

O man, I laughed so hard, I have definitely tried to do the front slit pocket reach around, there is no graceful way to do that what so ever. I did almost lose my leatherman like that, I though I had it clipped back inside my real pocket and it wasn't, I miraculously found it the next day
I was out in Elk City Oklahoma one February in a cafe and saw a guy at the next table doing that, it hung up about 1/2 way down and he picked up his left foot and was shaking his leg to get it to fall. After it fell on the floor, I told him "Well, that's a relief---I couldn't figure out if you were trying to shake out a turd or was going to pizz on the chair leg like a dog."

3waycross":2lflpti8 said:
highgrit":2lflpti8 said:

us southerners have had to learn the hard way. A couple weeks ago I practiced the same technique and all was well till I got back to my truck and couldn't find my phone. I back tracked and found it where It fell out of one of my pockets. I'm glad I had an otter box.

hillbilly beef man":1hunliwr said:
3waycross":1hunliwr said:
highgrit":1hunliwr said:

You know this from experence I presume 3way? :shock:

Naw just a story i heard.

hillbilly beef man":2zosw8c2 said:
3waycross":2zosw8c2 said:
highgrit":2zosw8c2 said:

You know this from experence I presume 3way? :shock:
I always heard, just wait a few minutes if you forgot about your hood. Turd will freeze solid and will roll right out with no mess. Don't want to test that theory tho, nor do I want to be in that kind of weather or predicament.

3waycross":5nj3it1j said:
highgrit":5nj3it1j said:

The same thing applies to suspenders. I have witnessed the results of people forgetting that rule.

Latest posts