Herford X Black Angus

Help Support CattleToday:

She looks to have something besides angusXher in her makeup.
Just guessing I would say she does have just a little touch of ear. Based on that slick shiney coat, and thin skin she's sporting. Just guessing though.
I'm certain she's a crackerjack. I'm also certain she had a durn good momma!!! ;-)

Longtails4Me":37xijyer said:
She looks to have something besides angusXher in her makeup.
Just guessing I would say she does have just a little touch of ear. Based on that slick shiney coat, and thin skin she's sporting. Just guessing though.
I'm certain she's a crackerjack. I'm also certain she had a durn good momma!!! ;-)
Here is her momma,
blackf1.jpg
that was her first calf

I'd be very pleased to have that pair in my pasture, WO. Heck, I bet even Jake would approve of the calf. Tell us a little about the calf's sire. I bet that cow, bred to one of Mike's Char, bulls would work nicely too. ;-)

The calf's sire was a Polled Hereford bull I bought as a calf, his sire was Grandview F211 Victor 030, The calf never did grow out to exactly what I wanted so I turned him with 6 heifers at 15 months of age for a thirty day breeding season and them put him on feed for the freezer. My only complaint about the bull was frame size, he was 4.3 frame score,

Most of our cows are registered Brahman with a few Herefords,
the black F1 came from a grey Brahman cow my son bought at an Auction in AL,

Arnold Ziffle":jh8poqfw said:
I'd be very pleased to have that pair in my pasture, WO. Heck, I bet even Jake would approve of the calf. Tell us a little about the calf's sire. I bet that cow, bred to one of Mike's Char, bulls would work nicely too. ;-)

Your right AZ, I would approve of that calf. Nice looking critter.

Arnold Ziffle":1ed7br3p said:

Your right AZ, I would approve of that calf. Nice looking critter.

You trying to say something about my pickiness when it comes to cattle?!? :lol:

Angus Guy":3valha07 said:
Flaboy

When did you get into black herefords?

Don't think I said I was into black herefords. Someone asked me about Red Angus/Hereford cross. What it would look like.

Also if you are looking at the picture of the black/white calf I posted, that was an accident. Bulls got to fighting one day and one of my angus bulls got to one of my hereford cows. I was surprised when I saw it. The angus was only in there for a day but I guess that is enough.

IMG.jpg

Here are a few of mine could not get a good picture still learning how to use camera and post pictures :lol:

wocattle":e24gsq97 said:
...My only complaint about the bull was frame size, he was 4.3 frame score,...

What frame score do you like or what would you have prefered him to have?

tg":2wgjziqa said:
Here are a few of mine could not get a good picture still learning how to use camera and post pictures :lol:

The one in back and the one in middle look like they have some ear in them. Nothing wrong with that either. :lol:

SF":3f4xdk5t said:
wocattle":3f4xdk5t said:
...My only complaint about the bull was frame size, he was 4.3 frame score,...

What frame score do you like or what would you have prefered him to have?

I wanted at least a 5.5-6 with mature weight around 2000, This bull would not have come close to that, At 18 months he was 1386 lbs, 4.3 frame, hung a carcass that was 873 lbs, ribeye was a little small, meat has excellent flavor, and he was a bull when we sent him to slaughter

tg":10dkjba5 said:
IMG.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

Latest posts