Herford X Black Angus

Help Support CattleToday:

How bout this one beefy?

545a5341.jpg

She is out of a registerd hereford cow (In the background) and a registered Angus bull. Her first calf, a heifer, adjusted WW 588#. I think she slicks off pretty well.

yeah that one looks real good jscunn. there was another poster too (or it may have been you) that posted some good looking ones a while back also.

Excellent example of a Black Baldy cow. Yes, it looks like a sunny middle of summer day judging by the grass and the full leaves on the trees. She doesn't look heat stressed to me and she certainly isn't shaggy. and her udder is more than sufficient for anything short of the dairy barn.

2 or our best calves this year are 3 way hereford- angus-simm crosses. so 3 way crosses aint all bad :cboy:

Dan.

kaneranch":3qcs7n58 said:
I really like the looks of those black baldies. How do red Baldies sell? Thanks kaneranch

I don't think I have any current pictures of my baldie dams but I have a couple of the calves. I have both red and black and they are bringing the best money for me at the market with my cream colored Char/Angus crosses a close second. ALL of mne are good milkers.

90 pounds at birth. 1 mo old here.
baldyBull_Maria_4_9_05.jpg

Red Angus/Hereford cross, 3 mo old here.
WFHC1.jpg

certherfbeef":9egczvsv said:
texbulldog":9egczvsv said:
If you want good information about this cross visit http://www.blackhereford.com There is a new article about the first black hereford in Wisconsin. Take time to read about the breed and try out http://www.jbarbcattle.com to see some results.

So that is it, finally admitting that you used angus blood to get them black then try to pass them off as herefords.

Bez, looks like we finally got one answer out of him.

I believe that if you could read and tried to visit the website listed, from the beginning I might add, you would have all the answers you keep implying that your not getting. The association site explains the requirements for the registered black herefords quite clearly. There has never been any denial of the angus influence in the breed that you keep harping on. So why don't you and buz check it out. You can't deny the great looking calves this season. Pictures don't mislead. Have a great day.

That cross is one of the real consistant money makers of the cow business...youll never go wrong with a good black baldy..those of you in the south that say you dont like em can add a touch of ear..then tell me you dont like em. Ive even got a few leftovers from some loads of grazing heifers with a touch of ear..they have made good cows. Youll never go wrong with a hereford and an angus.

By popular demand I will withhold comment on the pictures. LOL

Angus Guy":1em7j8yf said:
Flaboy

When did you get into black herefords?

My brother and I bought our first black hereford bull (Monty) in Feb 2003 and we also purchased some black hereford berd cows. We got our first home grown black herefords this year. So far so good, more on the way next month. We have only got one red calf as of this date.

texbulldog I looked on your site, and those black herfords were very good looking. I had never seen them. Nice Site too. kaneranch

texbulldog":36z7ux6m said:
We got our first home grown black herefords this year. So far so good, more on the way next month. We have only got one red calf as of this date.

Are these the same as Black Baldies. Also are the red calves considered red herefords or red baldies.

Susie David":48y0sfer said:
Flaboy...like your calves...bred a Hereford heifer to our Red Angus bull this season...can't wait to see the calf.

Yeah this one is out of a Red Angus cow and polled Herford bull. FFA'r wanted her so I brought her to the house for a couple weeks to calm her down before the girl picked her up.

Latest posts