HEREFORD

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan":3qyycquu said:
For mrvicdom or TT or anyone, does Vicdom still use 719T? Carlos that is one good looking tank! Nice bull. All are nice cattle.
If your asking me Alan, I have not used 719T, he is only about 3/8 Victor Domino

mrvictordomino":20b18ykd said:
Alan":20b18ykd said:
For mrvicdom or TT or anyone, does Vicdom still use 719T? Carlos that is one good looking tank! Nice bull. All are nice cattle.
If your asking me Alan, I have not used 719T, he is only about 3/8 Victor Domino

I was under the impression you were part owner of that bull, after very little homework I see I was wrong. Thanks for your response.

Alan

farmguy":12ig8inn said:
One of the biggest problems I see is that some Hereford people constantly bad mouth 75% of Herefords. I got into Herefords 20 years ago I expected Angus people and others of course promote their breed and even point out weakness in Herefords. What I was not expecting was the constant criticism of one kind of Hereford by a small but vocal minority. I was recently at an event where a prospective customer was cornered by a Hereford breeder. I merely sat back and listened. The customer was given a list of why most all Herefords were so inferior and only this breeder and a few others were breeding true Herefords. My theory is produce the best product you can and let the customer decide.

Glad to see that someone else out there has noticed this too, I've gone off on a few rants on this subject over the years. That's the one thing that really frustrates me, there are guys out there who talk/act like they must be the only ones who are breeding cattle better than the rest of us are and will tell people how everyone else seems to be doing it all wrong or in other terms "ruining" the breed. I think with any breed you are going to find some kind of variation in type based on environment/location and management practices. I'm sure as heck not going to bad mouth another breeder's cattle, you never know if that guy may send someone your way if they don't have something for sale as we've done the same if we don't have something at the time. Bottom line though is your customers are the ones that are really doing the talking about what type of cattle you are raising: either you're able to market and sell what you are raising or you're not. If some of those guys come back to buy more from you again I think repeat business is the true test if you're doing something right.

Maybe this is a bad analogy but it's almost like saying you love your Chevy or Ford but some other guy's truck of the same brand that isn't exactly like your truck is a total piece of crap.

SPH":2ca39cn0 said:
Glad to see that someone else out there has noticed this too, I've gone off on a few rants on this subject over the years. That's the one thing that really frustrates me, there are guys out there who talk/act like they must be the only ones who are breeding cattle better than the rest of us are and will tell people how everyone else seems to be doing it all wrong or in other terms "ruining" the breed. I think with any breed you are going to find some kind of variation in type based on environment/location and management practices.

Seems to be more variation, and thus more verbal ammunition, with Herefords compared to some other breeds.

Stocker Steve":2hkdioxp said:
Seems to be more variation, and thus more verbal ammunition, with Herefords compared to some other breeds.

There is some truth to that statement as well. I guess my feeling is some folks need to worry more about the cattle they are raising than getting too worked up over what others are doing because you can control what you do but you can't control what others do. Just because a guy can bad mouth what another guy is raising doesn't mean that his cattle is immune to criticism as well. I'm one that would like to see breeders working together to identify issues and work on improving on those issue - and realizing that change doesn't happen overnight either - instead of drawing a line in the sand and making it you against others in your own breed. Breed improvement is more likely to happen by working together and not against each other.

Ned Jr.":1ucsozew said:
Took these this morning.

Why is he out there by himself?

I think I could drag a dumpster over to your place , paint it black and top the Angus charts. Great picture of a fine looking Bull. Thanks.

Kingfisher":1syt65y7 said:
Why is he out there by himself?

I think I could drag a dumpster over to your place , paint it black and top the Angus charts. Great picture of a fine looking Bull. Thanks.

Thank you! You crack me up haha! All the Bulls are batching it right now. Until they go to their fall owners herds.

Very nice bull. The right kind. Any idea on frame size? Just curious.

Ned Jr.":1xjn31i3 said:
elkwc":1xjn31i3 said:
Very nice bull. The right kind. Any idea on frame size? Just curious.
Thank you. I'd guess him to be about a 5.7 frame...
He is close to ideal for what I want. Raise me a polled bull just like him. LOL

Latest posts