Help with New Holland Baler

Help Support CattleToday:

rngr

Reaction score
I have an old new holland 277 hayliner that I bought this past summer very cheap. The problem I have with it is it keeps bending the rack. Put a new one in and it bent it right away. When I first got the baler it did tie about 30 bales before it quit. Thats when I found the old rack was bent. So I replaced it along with the twine fingers. I cannot find anything that it would have rubbed on at all. The twine are fine, they look just like when I put them in. Baler is in time as well.

My neighor has a NH baler similar and his did the same thing so they put in a new one and it bent the new one as well. He straightened out the new one put it back in and has been baling ever since.

It is in time that was the first thing I checked after replacing the twine tooth cam shaft. I checked the hay dog springs also and they are all good, no sign of the hay dogs coming up to far. Back to the drawing board.

Thanks for the reply!

Well C&C I think you were correct in your diagnosis of the baler. After having a guy look at it he said it appears to be out of time, although not much but enough to mess things up. That is out of my arena so its off to the dealership for repairs I suppose.

Thanks for your response!!

Latest posts