Heading South....

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana":1aab767w said:
Well, we made it all the way down here. Tomorrow we will be in Fort Worth. Had a great day at Denver, saw a ton of stuff and watched a bit of the Shorthorn show.

Hereford, TX was interesting. Countryside is a lot like ours, maybe flatter though, lol. Got to see a coupe feedlots, and some dairies. Saw some newborn babies, so got a bit of a calving fix. Those babies are a lot smaller than what ours will be! Got to see a tigerstripe cow, I liked her, would have taken her home, but I don't think she'd like -30C! Boy, is it dry around here though, sure hope these guys get some rain soon!

Have decided that I want to see an armadillo, and a baby Brahman, hopefully!

Stopped today and saw RunningArrow, great to see them and their cattle!

Have taken a ton of photos, but I forgot my camera cord so u will have to wait to see my photos!
randi you came through part of west texas,it always looks like a drought there.they depend on wells an irragation.was talking to my dentist yesterday an his dad an his dads partner has an 8000hd dairy out there with 4000 milking.an they just recently bought their dairy #2 for a real good price along with a nice peice of cropland.that should put them to milking close to 8000hd.

Yeah, it is very similar to our country. But we were able to get out and really have a look at some of the grassland and the grass is simply crispy. Takes a looooong dry spell to crisp the grass up like that.

That is a lot of cows to milk, we had a chance to watch a milking parlour, it was pretty interesting. Those cows are cycled through there pretty quickly.

We had a nice visit with Randy & Greg on their way to the FWT Stock Show! Thanks Randi for stopping by and visiting with us and our Longhorns!

Enjoy FTW and the rest of your Texas and other travels to the USA!

Bill & Sandy

Latest posts