Welcome to the sunny South !

Help Support CattleToday:

coachg

Reaction score
Waking up to 9 degrees this morning with a wind chill factor of ~ 7 . . Not to get above freezing till Monday. . Then 60 by Thursday ! I don't know how you folks in the north do it . I have out extra hay for my cattle. Don't think they will need more till Saturday if they need it then ? Only have one small group of 6 weaned calves that don't have running water / creek . Counting on ole blackie my truck starting this am to go feed the ones that get feed .

I'm showing 8 degrees.
I've got four trucks and a tractor started and running out there. My Toyota won't go but just a battery issue I think. I'm hoping the equipment that was left on the job sites had antifreeze. Should have but I'm a little concerned about it. Since the muds frozen hard we're going to work today.

It was 0 here yesterday morning. It felt fine to me. Fed the steers, drove 75 miles to the sale to pick the steers I bought the day before. Then to town on a few errands. Just another day in paradise. Wednesday was the first day of winter. I guess one has to expect winter weather during the winter.

One of the things I would have never thought about. Yesterday morning I was talking to B. He said the vet was coming to preg test 200-300 cows. He hoped that the chute would work. He has a Silencer hydraulic chute which sitting out in the open. At 0 the hydraulic fluid might not flow too good. But I stopped by at around noon they were just getting finished so it must have worked.

It was 0 here yesterday morning. It felt fine to me. Fed the steers, drove 75 miles to the sale to pick the steers I bought the day before. Then to town on a few errands. Just another day in paradise. Wednesday was the first day of winter. I guess one has to expect winter weather during the winter.
Us getting this kind of weather is the equivalent of y'all getting 100 degree temps with humidity in the 90s, y'all aren't set up for that and we aren't set up for this. I'll take the heat and humidity over this.

I'm in five layers on my upper body when I go out today. Wife is timing us to 30 minute intervals, of being outside, it takes me that long to get suited up, but in the interest of keeping the peace I'll play along, besides it's about as long as my hands can stand it even in thick gloves.
Kinda disgusting but I had snot sickles hanging from my beard.

Us getting this kind of weather is the equivalent of y'all getting 100 degree temps with humidity in the 90s, y'all aren't set up for that and we aren't set up for this. I'll take the heat and humidity over this.
I like living here in the middle. Not too cold in the winter and not too hot in the summer. An occasional day above -10 which I can dress for. I can work around hot days below 100. But outside those is just too hot or cold. It is a lot easier for me to dress for the cold.

Latest posts