Tornadoes across the South

Help Support CattleToday:

And yet, when you grow up with them, you stay outside and watch for as long as its safe.
Ya, weather is interesting to watch. My ex wife grew up in Iola Kansas, and when she seen clouds that looked like they could make a tornado she point then out, to me they were just clouds. There was no such thing in Northwest Colorado.

The first thing I do when I hear sirens is go outside to see what's brewing and where it's coming from. I've had few close calls in DFW but never had one go over me. Thank God.

If the clouds turn an eerie green and you get the taste of steel in your mouth it may be time to think about looking for cover.
There are other signs that can go with it. Some things I have seen. A wagon box of ear corn picked off the running gears and
set down 50 or so yards away with the corn still in the box. An upstairs window in the house sucked out of its frame and
laid on the paved road unbroken. So much straw driven into a power pole that appeared to grow there. A barn with livestock
(dead) spread over a 1/4 section and the shock in the faces of my friends. I would hope anyone reading this is never confronted
with the experience.

If the clouds turn an eerie green and you get the taste of steel in your mouth it may be time to think about looking for cover.
There are other signs that can go with it. Some things I have seen. A wagon box of ear corn picked off the running gears and
set down 50 or so yards away with the corn still in the box. An upstairs window in the house sucked out of its frame and
laid on the paved road unbroken. So much straw driven into a power pole that appeared to grow there. A barn with livestock
(dead) spread over a 1/4 section and the shock in the faces of my friends. I would hope anyone reading this is never confronted
with the experience.
Yes!
How about a utility pole jetted through the side of the workshop - and we still had power.
1673869779135.jpeg

Latest posts