Tornadoes across the South

Help Support CattleToday:

Yes The weather channel's been doing a great job scaring all the old people in this area. I definitely pay attention and respect the weather but I get pretty tired of The weather channel scaring the s*** out of people like it's going to be the end of the world.
We've always had bad storms but we sure as heck don't need the pumped up drama to go with them.
Yes we had storms, we're okay, we'll check the fences in the morning. We've also got one out there trying to calve. So if she had it last night my wife will want to call it Stormy !

Didn't know till this morning same twister came within a quarter mile of one of our pastures . Landowner next to us lost several nice trees . Fellow across the road and back up the hill lost his camper and a couple of out building's. Thankfully some good souls had cut 5-6 big trees out of the road or I would have had to walk to put out hay for that group of cows .

Didn't know till this morning same twister came within a quarter mile of one of our pastures . Landowner next to us lost several nice trees . Fellow across the road and back up the hill lost his camper and a couple of out building's. Thankfully some good souls had cut 5-6 big trees out of the road or I would have had to walk to put out hay for that group of cows .

I still remember April's Fury from 2011 like it was yesterday. It was really something. One came right over one end of the farm, I held my sister in the shelter to comfort her as it passed over. Sounded like nothing else I've heard since, thankfully. We had a construction outfit, we worked the ground efforts from the first night onwards. It was really something, but it helped me to understand a bit more the real importance in making sure that you're square on what matters in life, because boy howdy nature sure as hell won't ask if you're ready to go when the reaper reaches and touches your hand.

This! Like a freight train, barreling through the woods. Taking a hit is surreal.
I've heard people say that for decades and never really understood exactly what they mean.

The freight train's whistle or the the locomotive's engine sound?

(BSF runs very close to me and I see and hear the freight trains several times each day. Often enough that I can tell the full ones and the ones hauling the empty hopper cars.)

I still remember April's Fury from 2011 like it was yesterday. It was really something. One came right over one end of the farm, I held my sister in the shelter to comfort her as it passed over. Sounded like nothing else I've heard since, thankfully. We had a construction outfit, we worked the ground efforts from the first night onwards. It was really something, but it helped me to understand a bit more the real importance in making sure that you're square on what matters in life, because boy howdy nature sure as hell won't ask if you're ready to go when the reaper reaches and touches your hand.
I picked up stuff from Cullman co. 50 plus miles away out of the pastures for days,still find stuff

Last edited:
I've heard people say that for decades and never really understood exactly what they mean.

The freight train's whistle or the the locomotive's engine sound?

(BSF runs very close to me and I see and hear the freight trains several times each day. Often enough that I can tell the full ones and the ones hauling the empty hopper cars.)
The engine. Like it's going over a bridge and you're standing underneath. You can feel it.

Latest posts