Welcome to the sunny South !

Help Support CattleToday:

Looked at the ad... so how do you pull down the inside pants????? I am not going buff under insulated overalls in the 0 degree temps....
It does take a little dexterity if you have on multiple layers. I only wear leggings/long undies when I wear the bibs. But it sure beats taking off the parka and completely dropping trou!!

Yeah, now we're getting your sunny South warm weather. Will be in the 50's. Errrr. Our beautiful frozen, snow covered ground will thaw. This is awful. We will be back to mud.
Hahah! We've thawed out here too. 60's today.
Not a lick of mud to be found tho!

In a typical winter, we two or three cold spells ( nothing like last week ). There might be several days to around a couple weeks below freezing during a real cold spell, but mostly cold wet and muddy is the majority of our winters. We get a variety some of all of it, some years several inches of snow and cold about as soon as one goes another comes in, and some years the ground barely ever freezes.
I'd rather have mud or a little snow than ice. Ice storms are the worst

not Talking about the - colds..I'm mean our regular colds here..30+ But we get high 30s and 40s and several inches of rain at a time..we had 7 inches of rain days before this cold crap hit..

not Talking about the - colds..I'm mean our regular colds here..30+ But we get high 30s and 40s and several inches of rain at a time..we had 7 inches of rain days before this cold crap hit..
Those 30+ -40's temps and a lot of rains are pretty much the way it is here too. We were spared from some of the heavy rain before this cold front though. It was supposed to but it didn't start raining till later and did rain hard for a while but then turned to 2-3 inches of snow before the big freeze.
Supposed to 60 tomorrow and pretty close today.

Ideally, it gets cold, ground freezes and STAYS frozen. A calf born outside can survive snow/frozen ground a lot easier than cold mud.
My cattle calve in the barn except when I screw up and don't pick the right ones to go in barn at night. They are outside during the day...unless they go in labor.
Bit, mud draws the heat out of their little bodies much faster than the snow. The snow acts as an insulator.
Cold with WIND, is a killer.

We get alot of icy cold rain and sleety crap here. I much prefer we get snow also... and like it when the ground gets cold and "hard" so no mud and slipping around. It warms up here to the 50's and so during the day and the top layer gets slicker than anything... I would much rather see snow the forecast is for rain this Saturday... better for New Year's eve driving and all... but it is going to be a muddy mess out there...

Latest posts