Heading South....

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
Well, DH and I are heading south for a little trip in about 10 days. Heading for Fort Worth and the Stock Show. Gonna be stopping around Hereford, TX for a couple days to meet some people we have been dealing with and then head to Fort Worth to meet some more. Plan to be gone for about 10 days from Jan 16-25.

Hopefully I can talk DH into a little bit of sight seeing on the way down and back, we'll see how that works, he'd prefer to just get in the car here and out of it when we get there, or as close to that as he can :lol2: on such a long trip.....

Anyways, if anyone is around the Fort Worth Stock Show on Jan 21 or 22, that is when we will be there.

I would be with your husband. You gotta' pee? hold it. You thirsty? get over it. Hungry? it'll pass. No radio, that annoys me. Also, don't try to talk, I'm busy drivin' us to the place we gotta' get to as fast as possible. gs

randiliana":g82cqug0 said:
Anyways, if anyone is around the Fort Worth Stock Show on Jan 21 or 22, that is when we will be there.

I try to take some grandchildren up there each year. I could very well see you there.

randiliana":1ia2bnuw said:
hooknline":1ia2bnuw said:
I would go but it being Texas and all........
:? aww, but I thought you guys were just next door :lol2: :lol2:
Kinda not really. Either way me and Texas dont get along real well. Everytime ive been there i get in trouble with those uniformed types. Only state ive been in that i got in trouble just by passing thru.

Since there is no where to stay in Hereford you must stay in Amarillo (just a few miles north). There you have the Big Texan steak house and the Quarter Horse Association headquarters. Both are worth the stop.

WTF they don't have airplanes in Canada? I'm going to Ft. Worth in Feb and I'm only 7 hours away but I booked a cheap flight. Wish I was going to be there when you are, I would love to meet y'all. When you go back just come east 400 odd miles and I'll let you meet AC :mrgreen: , then you can take 55 North and head back a diffrent way.

Randi how many miles you calculate it to be?
How many days driving time you planning on?
How many miles per day? Per hour?
How many times each half hour, or quarter hour, you going to look at the map to see how many more miles you have to go?

I'm sure you willl have an enjoyable trip.

Are you staying at the stock yards in fort worth ? We go about Once a year . They have a rodeo every night . And do a cattle drive with lOng horns down the street . You can also take a picture sitting on the long horn . There are a couple museums at the stock yards . The cattlemans museum is in dallas or fort worth at the museum of natural science.

hooknline":9n1rna4j said:
randiliana":9n1rna4j said:
hooknline":9n1rna4j said:
I would go but it being Texas and all........
:? aww, but I thought you guys were just next door :lol2: :lol2:
Kinda not really. Either way me and Texas dont get along real well. Everytime ive been there i get in trouble with those uniformed types. Only state ive been in that i got in trouble just by passing thru.
You must be going around Louisiana. :lol2:

Broke down in La once. Great people that took good care of my truck and got us back on the road. This was east bound so i made dern sure to limp across the border