Heading South....

Help Support CattleToday:

Kenny, we have a guy at Hereford we are planning to see. But I will definitely remember about Amarillo, I haven't really even looked at a map yet to see what is along the way so far....

Jed, last I checked, flights are pretty pricey from here to there, pretty much cheaper to drive than fly.

Ryder, way to many things to consider there. About all I know is he figures about 2 days driving to get there. Gotta GPS, so we can just check that out for the miles every few minutes if we want lol

hooknline":12837kd7 said:
Broke down in La once. Great people that took good care of my truck and got us back on the road. This was east bound so i made dern sure to limp across the border
Hook, years ago the La. State Troopers were the 1st in the country I believe to carry "zip zap" machines for your convenience......you could pay the ticket "on the spot" with your CC.

hooknline":peb9tspe said:
Broke down in La once. Great people that took good care of my truck and got us back on the road. This was east bound so i made dern sure to limp across the border

My older brother used to say some of the finest people he ever met were when he was stationed at Barksdale.

JS, I don't know where we are staying exactly. Just know it is being arranged for us. Everything looks so interesting down there, so I don't know what we will get around to seeing and what we won't. Nothing on our 'can't miss' list yet, but there's still time!

randiliana":2x987y14 said:
JS, I don't know where we are staying exactly. Just know it is being arranged for us. Everything looks so interesting down there, so I don't know what we will get around to seeing and what we won't. Nothing on our 'can't miss' list yet, but there's still time!
If you miss Ft. Worth, just keep driving south on I-35. After about 12 hours you stop hearing English and only hear Spanish. You'll know then you're getting close to San Antonio. :cowboy:

TexasBred":39vyv0vl said:
randiliana":39vyv0vl said:
If you miss Ft. Worth, just keep driving south on I-35. After about 12 hours you stop hearing English and only hear Spanish. You'll know then you're getting close to San Antonio. :cowboy:

You must be getting old, TB. That's always been a 5 hour drive for me.

LOL, TB, that's a good one, you know you've gone too far when you can't understand the language anymore rofl. We always use a landmark.....

TexasBred":xknx2tza said:
randiliana":xknx2tza said:
And if you happen to cross a ditch, DUCK. Gunfire may erupt at any minute. :help:

randiliana":11ny83rx said:
Kenny, we have a guy at Hereford we are planning to see. But I will definitely remember about Amarillo, I haven't really even looked at a map yet to see what is along the way so far....

Jed, last I checked, flights are pretty pricey from here to there, pretty much cheaper to drive than fly.

Ryder, way to many things to consider there. About all I know is he figures about 2 days driving to get there. Gotta GPS, so we can just check that out for the miles every few minutes if we want lol

Gotta GPS and driving from Canada to Fort Worth. We'll be lookin' to see you in S Indiana in a few days. :lol2: Seriously, get a good map. The old ones, printed on paper. Have a good time.

Hey Randi!

Since you will be in "our area"...would love to have y'all for a visit to our place and see our Texas Longhorns! We're right on US 83, about 32 miles North of Childress and 22 miles South of
Shamrock, TX. If you go to Hereford, you will probably go East on US 287 to Ft Worth. Childress is at the intersection of 287 and 83. Shamrock at the intersection of I-40 and 83.

If you can't make it, hope you have a great trip on visit to Ft Worth Stockyards area...lots of interesting things to see there and great BBQ!

On of us is here all the time at Running Arrow Farm. Otherwise, just e-mail us with your schedule through our area!

Best wishes!
Bill & Sandy

P.S. We also have a small guest house here if you need a free overnight through here!

randiliana":3g50fci4 said:
LOL, TB, that's a good one, you know you've gone too far when you can't understand the language anymore rofl. We always use a landmark.....
Bad think is that you're still hundreds of miles from Mexico. :cry2:

Wow, now that is a loooooong road trip. Hope you get good weather all the way. Maybe you can take a little time to sight-see along the way. Depending on your route, you might be able to hit some good stuff to see.

Running Arrow, we will see how things shape up. I would love to stop in and see your cows, so I will let you know as we get closer.

We'll have a good map, John, but need the GPS for the cities, we're not much for city driving, and our little cities up here just aren't really much preparation for some of the big ones you guys have down there ;~>.

Things are shaping up more now.... Gonna stop at Denver for the NWSS and watch the Grand Prix Jumper show. And look at some of the exhibits. Got tickets already for that, and a room for the night. Then we should make it down to Hereford area for the next afternoon I think. Not planning too much for along the way, we will see as we go along. Gonna definitely go to the Fort Worth Stockyards area though, looks way to interesting to miss out on!

I hope you are not too disappointed in the Stock Yards. Before Travolta made Uban Cowboy, the Stock Yards were a real treat. Now there is a lot of commercialization.

If you could get out west to places like Mingus, or even down past Dublin at some of the private clubs there, you could see down home old time honky tonks. Hang out at dominoe halls and talk to some of the old timers that are still living. Going to the stock yards now is sort of like going to the mall for me.

Well, we made it all the way down here. Tomorrow we will be in Fort Worth. Had a great day at Denver, saw a ton of stuff and watched a bit of the Shorthorn show.

Hereford, TX was interesting. Countryside is a lot like ours, maybe flatter though, lol. Got to see a coupe feedlots, and some dairies. Saw some newborn babies, so got a bit of a calving fix. Those babies are a lot smaller than what ours will be! Got to see a tigerstripe cow, I liked her, would have taken her home, but I don't think she'd like -30C! Boy, is it dry around here though, sure hope these guys get some rain soon!

Have decided that I want to see an armadillo, and a baby Brahman, hopefully!

Stopped today and saw RunningArrow, great to see them and their cattle!

Have taken a ton of photos, but I forgot my camera cord so u will have to wait to see my photos!

randiliana":1tfj9mlf said:
Well, we made it all the way down here. Tomorrow we will be in Fort Worth. Had a great day at Denver, saw a ton of stuff and watched a bit of the Shorthorn show.

Hereford, TX was interesting. Countryside is a lot like ours, maybe flatter though, lol. Got to see a coupe feedlots, and some dairies. Saw some newborn babies, so got a bit of a calving fix. Those babies are a lot smaller than what ours will be! Got to see a tigerstripe cow, I liked her, would have taken her home, but I don't think she'd like -30C! Boy, is it dry around here though, sure hope these guys get some rain soon!Have decided that I want to see an armadillo, and a baby Brahman, hopefully!

Stopped today and saw RunningArrow, great to see them and their cattle!

Have taken a ton of photos, but I forgot my camera cord so u will have to wait to see my photos!
Thats the way they look after it has rained. You should see it when it is dry.

Latest posts