If you South or east of Burnet

Help Support CattleToday:

TennesseeTuxedo said:
I just looked that town up. My wife is in Hutto visiting our daughter and the new grand baby. Burnet isn't all that far away. Is there rough weather brewing?

No worries tux.
Front just blew through and it's a dandy.
Wind went from nothing to 45 instantly and temp dropped IDK a bunch.
You in hutto?? I'll come pick you up. We'll fix a watergap... :D

callmefence said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
I just looked that town up. My wife is in Hutto visiting our daughter and the new grand baby. Burnet isn't all that far away. Is there rough weather brewing?

No worries tux.

No, I'm still up here in Tennessee waiting for the front to blow through. I'll holler at you the next time I'm down that way I promise.

callmefence said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

No worries tux.

Hope you got the coats in the truck. Radar showing winter mix of ice and snow bearing down on you. :D

The forecast here is for rain to come in overnight, not getting alot, but then some may change to snow, ice, especially in SW Va and across southside, Danville, areas. With it wind in the 30-50 mph gusts. Dropping from highs at midnight, to 30's day, then keep on dropping into the 20's with COLD wind chills. Expecting some records to be broken... Guess we will have to wait and see. I didn't weigh down the tarp over the lawnmower... Maybe be able to do it in the morning. I did feed another roll of hay today to the one field that is not really a dry lot, but there are more animals there than the grass can handle. Sort of a catch all lot right now. Fed hay to the cows in the calving lot too. Need to take some to the other pasture where all the first calf heifers are as it is getting short.

TennesseeTuxedo said:

Congratulations Grandpa!!!!

It blew thru here wet late yesterday afternoon..Horizontal swirling rain. Rain didn't last long but the wind is still howling.
33* this morning at 7am....was nearly 70 yesterday at the same time. Will be 25* tomorrow morning.

I was wet enough without the weather, cleaning out a plugged up drain that carries water out of the Nat Forest and under my roadway.. when it plugs off, my road floods. Only one way to do it, get down there with a pitchfork and chunk it up on the bank and load it on a trailer.
Wet waterlogged branches, little logs, leaves and pine needles. fun fun fun.
Damn trees...Damn Govt trees at that.

It came through here yesterday also, 50 something at 6am and dropped all day, northwind howling, sleet , and about 12 here this morning. Truck almost didn't start, hay spear froze up, been trying to get the shop warm all day.