hay, fire, beavers, and rain.

Help Support CattleToday:

Beefy

Reaction score
Well, we started feeding hay today. Got everybody (myself included) dewormed except for one cow that was off hiding having a calf. tomorrow i hope to do a few controlled burns in places that have never been dry enough to burn before. anybody got a good way to bust up a mostly mud beaver dam? i was thinking dynamite might do the trick but i'm open to suggestions. then maybe it will rain enough so that we can get some winter annuals planted and up and then maybe it will rain some more to make it actually grow, too.

Moisture? What's moisture? Is that like this fabled rain and/or snow they keep predicting but never materializes? Or could it simply be the byproduct of doing a sink full of dishes?

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":1o4ucrag said:
Ya mean you don't have a dishwasher :?: :lol:

Dishwashers require water pressure, another term I'm unfamiliar with! :???: :(

ok, rain--let me try to describe it...
its like clearish silver birdcrap, but it doesnt get stuck in between your toes. oh, and it comes from hurricanes, not birds. usually when i see it it "falls" horizontally like lovebugs do. it has a very distinct smell and sounds like frogs.
Picture870.jpg

Beefy, Blast the SOB,s with dynamite at night then at least you won't have them back next year. We use an excavater around here to rip apart the dams and lodges and then wait a couple hours, go back in and shoot them. they had water backed up for 3 miles this spring whaty a mess. Can't stand the things. If all you do is take down the dam it will be rebuilt bigger and better by the time you get home.

i ought to dig a real pond there. that would show them. i'm wondering if they moved on since there is no water around and just a bunch of dead trees now. they certainly made a dent on my privet forest. now if i could just train them to use briars.

actually i guess the dam is constructed of more like brick or adobe now that its all dried out. might better call in the Hammer brothers, Jack and Sledge. (no relation to M.C.)

Beefy":355xxbei said:
ok, rain--let me try to describe it...
its like clearish silver birdcrap, but i doesnt get stuck in between your toes. oh, and it comes from hurricanes, not birds. usually when i see it it "falls" horizontally like lovebugs do. it has a very distinct smell and sounds like frogs.
Picture870.jpg

Thank you, Beefy! That does explain things (beautiful picture, btw!), now do you think you could help me with this 'water pressure' thing? :lol:

water pressure is an easy one. you know when your commode (johnie, toilet, crapper, porcelain god, etc) gets stopped up? and you have to use one of those rubber bell boots on a stick? that makes water pressure that forces your enlodgement into areas of less pressure.

Latest posts