Double Back Fire near Godley, TX

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie

Reaction score

This one blew up in a hurry. The grass is so dry, no rain in months, south winds.

They threw everything at it yesterday. The pontoon type planes sweeping down and refillling on Lake Granbury.

No recent updates. Its 20 miles from me and on the other side of the lake so I am not much worried. But I feel for those in its path.

This one blew up in a hurry. The grass is so dry, no rain in months, south winds.

They threw everything at it yesterday. The pontoon type planes sweeping down and refillling on Lake Granbury.

No recent updates. Its 20 miles from me and on the other side of the lake so I am not much worried. But I feel for those in its path.
Hope they get it under control fast.

My SIL (Julie) was on her death bed at their home five years ago, and a big fire started nearby. The fire was getting close and traveling fast and my BIL (Tony) didn't want to disturb his dying wife. They waited... waited... waited... and as the hour passed the fire looked like it was going to overrun us. Finally Tony said we should abandon the place and he called an ambulance to transport Julie. While we were waiting the planes were dropping water from the pond just up the road all around us. Fire retardant further out. Tony knew everyone in the area and I believe the planes had been informed of the situation. We scrambled to load the six pickups with guns and the trailers with tools. Ash and embers raining down around us.

Julie died just before getting to a nephew's house about five miles away, in the ambulance with Tony.

The fire detoured less than a quarter mile from the house and went past on one side.

Latest posts