Louisiana and east TX Fires

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas

Reaction score
Are any CT members or family in the area of the fires. Some friends from KY Forestry left a few minutes ago with some brush truck engines heading to Louisiana. I know CB is near .

I have kinda missed being on a BAER (Burned Area Emergency Rehabilitation) team [pronounced bear] like I was in Washington State and Nevada. I moved to WV and the fires didn't follow me.:) It might have been they were looking for me (Australia, California, Canada, Europe (Grece especially)). Now I'm moving to South Carolina and the fires are in East Texas and Louisiana? What are the fires doing? Homing in on me now that I'm moving again?

Are any CT members or family in the area of the fires. Some friends from KY Forestry left a few minutes ago with some brush truck engines heading to Louisiana. I know CB is near .
The Sherwood fire in Jasper and Tyler counties got six homes and numerous other buildings. Last word it was contained at 3500 acres and all the state highways reopened.
Several county roads remained closed.
The smoke was blowing in on Rayburn yesterday from Louisiana fires.
Those poor people got major fires!

It's to the point a lot of the leased pine plantation are denying access except on foot to the hunters.
This country is pine plantation from the Trinity River to the Atlantic Ocean.
Its sure changed everything for sure. Can you tell a difference in the amount of wildlife ot type of wildlife?

My friends are in Leesville LA for tonight. Start helping tomorrow.
Sure hope they get some rain. The Southern Command Team took over today from the state so it could get wild now.

It's sure changed everything for sure. Can you tell a difference in the amount of wildlife ot type of wildlife
Definitely we have no where close to the deer. My county at one time was the fourth most
populated in the state , we had a deer for every 6 acres today one in 40.
You could drive from Woodville to Chester on Hwy 287, wasn't unusual to count 80-100 in that 15 miles. Today you rarely see one.
Very few squirrel hunters anymore as there is just not any hardwoods.
When I was a kid squirrel season was bigger than deer.
Everyone had a squirrel dog .
We have no quail that's a double edged sword between fire ants and habitat.
Not a lot lives in a pine desert cept hogs and they seem to flourish.
Ninety six percent of my county is pine plantation.

nothing up our way in Stonewall we're a pretty good ways from them but everything is dry as tinder. I drove from there to Houston last night and ran through some pretty heavy showers so hopefully that will help some but most of the showers seemed pretty localized

Definitely we have no where close to the deer. My county at one time was the fourth most
populated in the state , we had a deer for every 6 acres today one in 40.
You could drive from Woodville to Chester on Hwy 287, wasn't unusual to count 80-100 in that 15 miles. Today you rarely see one.
Very few squirrel hunters anymore as there is just not any hardwoods.
When I was a kid squirrel season was bigger than deer.
Everyone had a squirrel dog .
We have no quail that's a double edged sword between fire ants and habitat.
Not a lot lives in a pine desert cept hogs and they seem to flourish.
Ninety six percent of my county is pine plantation.
we're a bit luckier in our Parish, not too many pine plantations. This was primarily dairy farms for a long time so a lot of the land is still in pasture and cattle. Deer are fairly plentiful , unfortunately so are hogs. Virtually no quail

Latest posts