Have you noticed

Help Support CattleToday:

lavacarancher

Reaction score
For you folks in S. Texas you might have noticed the animals are starting to pair up. What's a cubit? (Need to know how much wood to order) Not complaining, mind you but my toes are starting to grow together and the squirrels are learning to do the back stroke. Must be global warming.

A cupit is kinda like a Vara. A Vara was 33 1/3 inches--length of the King of Spain's arm. (The original survey on my place was in Varas.)
cubit= an ancient Egyptian unit based on the forearm length from the middle finger tip to the elbow bottom. Lengths ranged between 53 to 43 cm (21 to 17 in

I hate having to explain jokes. They are not funny if you have to explain them. My reference was to all the rain. 40 days and 40 nights? Noah's ark? Cubits/cupits? Animals pairing up 2 X 2? Toes growing together forming webs? Anyway, it is wet. Don't know when I'm going to be able to get into my hay fields.

It's been so wet here, the mosquitoes are taking over. One ran accross the road in front of me last night, with a groundhog in its mouth.

lavacarancher":1f34uzuv said:
I hate having to explain jokes. They are not funny if you have to explain them. My reference was to all the rain. 40 days and 40 nights? Noah's ark? Cubits/cupits? Animals pairing up 2 X 2? Toes growing together forming webs? Anyway, it is wet. Don't know when I'm going to be able to get into my hay fields.
As they march toward your ark please have your weapons ready so you can eliminate certain kinds that we can do without. The mosquito, the snake, the skunk and other liberals. :mrgreen:

lavacarancher":56qvs6if said:
I fully understood the joke and rain reference to the Ark--I'm in the same proverbial boat. Well, actually, my boat is sunk in the pond because I did't pull it far enough up on land when the water started rising..

lavacarancher":2js15lw5 said:
For you folks in S. Texas you might have noticed the animals are starting to pair up. What's a cubit? (Need to know how much wood to order) Not complaining, mind you but my toes are starting to grow together and the squirrels are learning to do the back stroke. Must be global warming.

They no longer refer to it as Global Warming. It is now called Climate Change.

Back in the 1800's a missionary arrived on the Washington coast to convert the Indians to Christians. One particular Indian was a very strong believer. Then suddenly h no longer believed and went back to his old ways. When the missionary inquired why this change occurred the Indian told him it was the story of Noah. The Indian said that the bible told that it rained 40 days and 40 nights and flooded the earth. He said I have seen it rain for 4 months straight and the creeks don't raise more than a foot.

Dave":2qp36ukd said:
lavacarancher":2qp36ukd said:

They no longer refer to it as Global Warming. It is now called Climate Change. Yes, that is correct. They did that so it gives them more options for defining what's happening when Global "Warming" doesn't occur. ;-)

Back in the 1800's a missionary arrived on the Washington coast to convert the Indians to Christians. One particular Indian was a very strong believer. Then suddenly h no longer believed and went back to his old ways. When the missionary inquired why this change occurred the Indian told him it was the story of Noah. The Indian said that the bible told that it rained 40 days and 40 nights and flooded the earth. He said I have seen it rain for 4 months straight and the creeks don't raise more than a foot.

greybeard":3p6u8pi0 said:
lavacarancher":3p6u8pi0 said:
I fully understood the joke and rain reference to the Ark--I'm in the same proverbial boat. Well, actually, my boat is sunk in the pond because I did't pull it far enough up on land when the water started rising..

Yea, I know you got it. Take a look at Everything else forum. I finally figured out how to post a few pictures. There's one of a nice catfish caught out of one of my ponds.

By the way, it's raining and thundering again right now.

Bigfoot":69haysjl said:
It's been so wet here, the mosquitoes are taking over. One ran accross the road in front of me last night, with a groundhog in its mouth.

Bigfoot is on the west side of the State where all the fancy folks live. May be wet over there but we have had the driest May on record or close to it. I think the total precipitation for May is only about one inch total. Everyone is nervous about what the summer may be with the spring turning over to being this dry.

Latest posts