Has CT benefitted you?

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":2kbufk48 said:
Brute 23":2kbufk48 said:
YES! The perspective of every one on here has effected how I currently do things. No matter how hard I try to fight it. :)

I have a confession to make... I bought a Black Angus bull two weeks ago. :oops: I've been in the closet about the whole deal but I feel a lot better not having to hide it any more.
I have to confess I bought a red cow yesterday. Never thought I'd stoop so low and I too feel better now than I've got it off my chest. :?

Brute, next meeting is next Wednesday . :mrgreen:

:) We are here to support you no matter what color your cattle are.

I have very much enjoyed learning how people do things in different parts of the country and in different parts of the world. Its been interesting the differences and, at the same time, similarities of some of the challenges faced by the folks in South Africa, the Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand etc.

I have learned alot about the cattle show world. I've never shown cattle. I've shown horses, and showing cattle, I have learned, is a whole different ball game!

I learned a pretty good recipe, from Ollie, for giving aid to scouring calves------and it worked.

I've definitely learned a few tips and different angles and different ways of doing some of the things that I do, and trying a new thing a time or two.

I like it here. For the most part, there's alot of good helpful people here and folks with a good sense of humor. I like that there are people here who call it how they see it.

This is a great site. Thanks to all the contributors and especailly thanks to Macon for providing us delinquents with a place to "hang out". :wave:

Shanghai":kdpbkdnm said:
cowgirl8":kdpbkdnm said:
Actually other than passing time away, a few good chuckles, not really. I've gotten a lot of advice from people who think they know their stuff, but who can give accurate advice over what they see or think they see in a forum and who would take it? Imagine me selling everything and starting over and when asked what prompted me to do that i say, "A guy i dont know who saw a few of my pictures in a forum said i needed to." But, it can be amusing at times...

You just gotta keep poke'm with stick
You could at least make an attempt to get along

I am just sitting here shaking my head. CG8, were you picked on in elementary school?

Jogee and highgrit-----that fish looks great!! I sure do miss fresh seafood! Every now and then one of my brothers sends me pictures of Bluefish and Striped Bass that he's caught. I wish he'd send me the fish! LOL

I have also learned a great deal here and gained some new friends.
I have learned a lot more about the "business side of cattle" that I had never given much thought to before......Because cattle are definitely just a hobby for me.
I really enjoy seeing different farms and different locations. I especially love learning about breeds of cattle that I am not familiar with also.
Even the Bible passages shared here are of great benefit!
I have also learned some sad things about people, which was probably "a benefit" in disguise. All a learning experience nonetheless.

Back to the topic of this thread, yes, I have learned a lot here in the past couple of years. I am in awe of some of you and your knowledge of cattle and farming and the rural lifestyle.

I'm thankful this forum exists.

Like lots of y'all I stumbled across the site. New to cattle I have learned lots from the experienced people here. Thanks to all that contribute because every day is a learning day.

cowgirl8":3l8chhid said:
Actually other than passing time away, a few good chuckles, not really. I've gotten a lot of advice from people who think they know their stuff, but who can give accurate advice over what they see or think they see in a forum and who would take it? Imagine me selling everything and starting over and when asked what prompted me to do that i say, "A guy i dont know who saw a few of my pictures in a forum said i needed to." But, it can be amusing at times...

If that is the case why do you continue to come here, I mean other than to educate us mere mortals with your cattle and farming knowledge. Is CT like a mission to you to help all of us Hobbyists see the light?

Seriously after all the crap that you have stirred up here and all that poor me horseshyt about how you have been picked on, you post this drivel......This thread might have been your last best chance to say or do something on here that wasn't selfserving for a change.

That being the case let me be the first on this thread to ask you politely to not let the door hit you in the rear end on your way out :tiphat:

You better believe it! If you don't know, ask.
If you have never heard of it before, then look in to it.
There are so many things I heave learned here. So many experiences from every person in all different parts of the world.

I am grateful to all of those have shared their knowledge; stopped and took time to answer my questions as there have been many in the last 10 years I have been here.
:tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat:

Now for the serious stuff. I have learned some invaluable things on CT not the least of which is I had and still have a lot to learn. I have not only learned a lot about cattle but have made some tremendous friends and been able to network in the cattle business in ways I never thought possible 5 years ago.

Somebody always has a better idea on meds here
Somebody always has a better idea on breeding here
Somebody always has a better idea on handling here

and on and on and on............This is a great place to hang out :tiphat:

I can't really say that I've learned much that applies to my ranch as all ranching is local but I can say that I see a lot here that makes me stop and think and question how I do things and that is always positive. When you quit trying to find better ways you get stuck in the rut.
The real benefit for me is being able to interact with a group of people on a daily basis that understand my life's work and see value in the same things that I do. Especially on the AI stuff. I started breeding cows as a beef guy and got sucked in to the dairy side of things and even then I never planned on making a career out of it so helping people here with AI advice has helped me keep my own fire lit. I really don't think I could keep doing it if I didn't have a group of people to interact with that get as excited about it as I used to. :D

3waycross":2uk39yat said:
cowgirl8":2uk39yat said:

If that is the case why do you continue to come here, I mean other than to educate us mere mortals with your cattle and farming knowledge. Is CT like a mission to you to help all of us Hobbyists see the light?

Seriously after all the crap that you have stirred up here and all that poor me horseshyt about how you have been picked on, you post this drivel......This thread might have been your last best chance to say or do something on here that wasn't selfserving for a change.

That being the case let me be the first on this thread to ask you politely to not let the door hit you in the rear end on your way out :tiphat:

Dang Pot stirrer!

:lol2: :lol2: :banana: :banana: :lol2: :lol:

backhoeboogie":aaoj1d04 said:
As of late I have been pondering the things I have learned here. Too many things to list. I remember spending hours reading and reading. I had read everything dun had ever posted at one time. Caustic too. A few others. Way too much information to retain but it was good stuff.

Single biggest savings for me far has likely been Caustic's hay cradles. I was using rings and probably wasting 30% of my hay. CB's cradles gave me an idea. I had junk trampoline frames. I built a couple of cradles. They worked great so I built many more. 12 or so now. People have given me trampoline frames again and again. Nephew just gave me two more he acquired some where.

Cows are 23 miles away. I can put out several days worth of hay now and lose very little of it. Win/win. I cut my hay waste to next to nothing. When you feed a couple hundred round bales each winter, that is a lot of hay savings. Winter after winter too.

Thank you to all of those who have helped me through the years.

http://ranchers.net/photopost/showphoto ... puser/2144

Just looking at those pictures was worth more than I paid.

TennesseeTuxedo":372wnoe0 said:
cowgirl8":372wnoe0 said:

I am just sitting here shaking my head. CG8, were you picked on in elementary school?

I've found if I close my mouth, open my eyes and listen I learn something everyday ....

TT I owe you an Apology and a cold beer someday...... :tiphat:

WORANCH":7b24z1ms said:
TennesseeTuxedo":7b24z1ms said:
cowgirl8":7b24z1ms said:

I've found if I close my mouth, open my eyes and listen I learn something everyday ....

And me? :D

WORANCH":2191aao5 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2191aao5 said:
cowgirl8":2191aao5 said:

I'll buy the first round Sir. :D

TexasBred":1udmpltn said:
Brute 23":1udmpltn said:
YES! The perspective of every one on here has effected how I currently do things. No matter how hard I try to fight it. :)

I have a confession to make... I bought a Black Angus bull two weeks ago. :oops: I've been in the closet about the whole deal but I feel a lot better not having to hide it any more.
I have to confess I bought a red cow yesterday. Never thought I'd stoop so low and I too feel better now than I've got it off my chest. :?

Brute, next meeting is next Wednesday . :mrgreen:

AH HA this is valuable info as Brute can pm Black Bull Man (Bez)
The best part of all is TB has come around to my way of thinking.

Whoa, i have learned something and i want to teach you guys..... Let it go, get over it, dont take it personal, get a thicker skin..... :lol2:

cowgirl8":3tszcgkq said:
Whoa, i have learned something and i want to teach you guys..... Let it go, get over it, dont take it personal, get a thicker skin..... :lol2:

You still can't find something decent to say. Most of these folks have given you multiple chances to grow up or just grow as a person. Yet, you choose petty and hurtful every time. I can't imagine the pain or sadness that's in you that would make you act this way.

Latest posts