Hamilton county, TN. Have you filed for drought relief yet??

Help Support CattleToday:

LCCattle

Reaction score
Hamilton county, TN. Have you filed for drought relief yet??

Hamilton TN county has been now classified as an "extreme" drought county making funds for drought relief available to cattlemen and others. Payments range from $30 to $40 per head per month for the past 3 months of drought.
That's $90 to $120 per head. For cattle it is from 500lbs and up.
There is a dead line to file so you need to act now.
423-775-2272. Ask for Ms. Wright for appointment to file.

TennesseeTuxedo":3d6sxs7g said:
Sir Loin, I was in Chattanooga just last two weeks ago and I didn't notice it being overly dry.

I'll get the word out on the relief deal for you if you'd like.
I don't have a dog in that race. I just picked this info up from a friend who has 500 head in Hamilton co, and after checking the papers and finding no mention of it. I made a phone call to get the scoop.
So I figured if those Ga. boys are getting it, maybe some TN boys would like some found money also.
So feel free to pass it on.
I was told, if SE TN doesn't get some significant rain in the next two weeks more counties will be added to the list. Go figure, Bradley and Meigs county are already burnt up.

See map for your county, you could be next.
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/loca ... us/373803/

I know a guy from Cleveland TN that feeds calves and runs a bunch of cows. He has sold off 40 or 50 cows and is feeding most of the rest. They haven't had much rain since April some places over there, they said hay prices have doubled.

My region, Northcentral Kentucky is in the midst of a three year stretch of above average precipitation. That has some drawbacks but much rather deal with above average than a drought.

Hope those drought areas get some rain. Too bad we cannot share some of ours. It is muddy here and more coming.

These are pics of a friend's problems in the south end of Meigs county TN.

And this is what you do when the spring runs dry.
Click on pics to enlarge.

And here is what his SECOND planting of corn in the same field looks like.

And here is what his hay field looks like. It should be the height of the bucket by now.

It was getting pretty dry here in southwest va where i am but we have finnaly been getting some rain the past couple weeks.

Latest posts