Got my bull :)

Help Support CattleToday:

2/B or not 2/B

Reaction score
Thanks to those of you who gave your input while I was bull shopping. I appreciated the advice and patience with all my beginners questions. The fella was delivered today and we're excited to finally have him. He's 16 months old and will be used on heifers.

2003357271950457124_rs.jpg

CED 10, BW -2.4, WW 30, YW 59, MILK 21, TM 37, ME 3, HPG 9, CEM 3, STAY 13

thats a nice looking bull.he is well put togather.an his EPDs looked good as wel.he looks to weigh 1300 or 1400lbs.

Good looking bull.
What breed will he be covering? and how many?
SL

Sir Loin, he'll be covering a limited number this year including shorthorn, hereford and hereford/limousin. We're phasing out the limousin in favor of red angus and I'm hoping to see a reduction in frame size along the way. The shorthorn was just acquired by chance but we're looking forward to seeing her calf along with some red baldies next year. We're also looking forward to cattle without horns!

I like the length and thickness. He looks good to me. Good luck with him.

Very nice bull , and great numbers you got calving ease and growth in one bull. Where did he come from, and what are his bloodlines. He looks a lot like the bull we bought a couple weeks ago. Ours is gr'son of Above heaven, not quite as good a numbers tho.

Thank you for the nice compliments on the bull. A lot of time, research and effort went into finding him and I had a limited budget so I'm proud of the end result. He's not proven yet so the real test is yet to come. One thing I really wanted that he doesn't have is a high CEM score since I'd like to be able to keep replacements. The low CEM is from his grandsire being Cherokee Canyon. It's somewhat balanced by his maternal grandsire being Hobo 1961. Talk about opposites... His length stood out from the other bulls I considered and his disposition is great. I'm happy with how things turned out and I'm also glad it's over!

2/B or not 2/B":1mu3p63p said:
... A lot of time, research and effort went into finding him...

You can tell. That is a good looking bull.

I hope he works well for you and your program.

Ryan

Latest posts