Yearlings got gathered

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
We gathered the yearlings and the late calving cows on Thursday. The wife took some pictures which I didn't know about until I took some picture of the cows in the corral just now. The yearlings got hauled to summer camp that afternoon. Do to difficulties the calves haven't got worked and it might be Monday. So they are still in the corral waiting for vaccinations, branding, and hauled to the summer range.

P5253091.JPGP5253092.JPGP5253087.JPGP5273095.JPGP5273097.JPG

We branded and vaccinated the calves at about noon. Hauled the cows and calves off to summer camp. Only 7 calves to work so we just set up a calf table in front of the chute. B said that is enough to run that way once a year to remind himself why we rope them to brand. But to get 2 ropers to show up to do 15 minutes of work....... well the calf table works.

We gathered the yearlings and the late calving cows on Thursday. The wife took some pictures which I didn't know about until I took some picture of the cows in the corral just now. The yearlings got hauled to summer camp that afternoon. Do to difficulties the calves haven't got worked and it might be Monday. So they are still in the corral waiting for vaccinations, branding, and hauled to the summer range.

View attachment 30657View attachment 30658View attachment 30659View attachment 30660View attachment 30661
Pretty area...

I was short one yearling and there was a neighbors bull in on my place. We didn't find then. Today I learned that the bull and my yearling were sighted near the top of Sinker canyon yesterday. I guess when the bull left he took a steer along to keep him company. We will see him sometime in the fall. The closer canyon is Sinker. Darn sure not going up there to search for and drive out a single yearling.

P8041553.JPG

Latest posts