Got cows moved home.

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm going to be nosy..... where were they and why the change to move them home? Easier to feed close to home or easier to calve or easier to work the calves as they are born? How far did you bring them? Always interested in why people do things that they do.... and would it make more sense for me to do something different?
Beautiful country up your way even with the snow.

I'm going to be nosy..... where were they and why the change to move them home? Easier to feed close to home or easier to calve or easier to work the calves as they are born? How far did you bring them? Always interested in why people do things that they do.... and would it make more sense for me to do something different?
Beautiful country up your way even with the snow.
Most of our hay is produced at two other properties. We feed the cow herd there most of the winter and haul some hay home for calving. Due date is the 10 of April. We will be giving scour and clostridial shots within the next week and sorting to range bunches. Much easier to sort pairs with the calf still inside.

Look like they're in great shape! I assume that the 4th pic is your bale unroller on the 3 pt. hitch? And apparently that's NOT what you've got on the 3 pt. of the tractor in the first pic, since the bale on that tractor would be on it the wrong direction?

Look like they're in great shape! I assume that the 4th pic is your bale unroller on the 3 pt. hitch? And apparently that's NOT what you've got on the 3 pt. of the tractor in the first pic, since the bale on that tractor would be on it the wrong direction?
Same rig, pick up either way.

Same rig, pick up either way.
I've got mine setup just the opposite. My unroller is on the loader, and then I take another bale along with me on a 3 pt. carrier at the same time. Same basic kind of unroller though... spikes into the ends of the bale, no moving parts to worry about. The KISS program!

Latest posts