God Loves yOU

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I will be. We managed to get the Billy Graham thread locked in 5 post.

Does not appear to be locked. But with regard to Billy Graham, He was rumored to be anti Semitic and there is a Nixon tape supporting it. He also was convinced that if you were of just about any other religion than his, you were not going to heaven.

melking":2dev4gfr said:
Does not appear to be locked. But with regard to Billy Graham, He was rumored to be anti Semitic and there is a Nixon tape supporting it. He also was convinced that if you were of just about any other religion than his, you were not going to heaven.

Mel. He changed his tune on that. If I post his interview with Larry King this will get locked. Go do a YouTube search. In his later years, he recanted that philosophy. Even embraced Islam. He was much criticized for his statement that the way to heaven was not only "through the cross". I think he was a great man.

melking":kr6pkjww said:

That may be true, but I would be hard pressed to believe, that he or any other devout Christian was ant Semetic.

Ya know. You try to pay a little respect to a guy like that and some people are just looking for a debate. I'm pretty disappointed.

slick4591":2g2dg7f6 said:
Ya know. You try to pay a little respect to a guy like that and some people are just looking for a debate. I'm pretty disappointed.

I have been shocked all day at people's reaction. Seems he's been lumped in with televangelist somehow. Very disappointing to me as well.

Bigfoot":17k8kjbo said:
slick4591":17k8kjbo said:

I have been shocked all day at people's reaction. Seems he's been lumped in with televangelist somehow. Very disappointing to me as well.

Troy.

I have followed Billy Graham since I was 16. He himself recognized himself as a TV Evangelical. I can provide the quotes if you need me to. He set himself apart from the others. I don't think evidence of that is needed.

On the issue of Christians being anti-Semitic. Did you just fall out of the womb?

Bright Raven":3upegkjc said:
Bigfoot":3upegkjc said:
slick4591":3upegkjc said:

Troy.

I have followed Billy Graham since I was 16. He himself recognized himself as a TV Evangelical. I can provide the quotes if you need me to. He set himself apart from the others. I don't think evidence of that is needed.

On the issue of Christians being anti-Semitic. Did you just fall out of the womb?

I follow you on that he was an evangelist that utilized television. I meant he was not cut from the same fabric. If that makes sense.

May not be following on Christians hating Jews. We're heirs to the same promise. Christian hates a Jew, gets my attention. My views on Islam are fueled by my alliance with the Jewish nation.

Bigfoot":i7inxcw3 said:
Bright Raven":i7inxcw3 said:
Bigfoot":i7inxcw3 said:

Troy.

I follow you on that he was an evangelist that utilized television. I meant he was not cut from the same fabric. If that makes sense.

May not be following on Christians hating Jews. We're heirs to the same promise. Christian hates a Jew, gets my attention. My views on Islam are fueled by my alliance with the Jewish nation.

You know this is trouble. I better send you a PM.

melking":3rpf11dw said:
Does not appear to be locked.
But with regard to Billy Graham, He was rumored to be anti Semitic and there is a Nixon tape supporting it.
He also was convinced that if you were of just about any other religion than his, you were not going to heaven.
Care to support or clarify your broad ambiguous statements of misunderstanding?
OR
Was your point to sew discontent by posting rumor and innuendo and move on?

Son of Butch":241e37n7 said:
melking":241e37n7 said:
But with regard to Billy Graham, He was rumored to be anti Semitic and there is a Nixon tape supporting it.
He also was convinced that if you were of just about any other religion than his, you were not going to heaven.
Care to support your broad ambiguous statements of misunderstanding?
OR

Butch. He is correct. Early in his ministry, as is the flaw of youth, Reverend Mr. Graham made anti-Semitic statements. No question. Not appropriate to post it here. You can research it yourself. It is very easy to find. In later years, he recanted the relevant earlier preachings. All this is on tape.

Bright Raven":123q7on3 said:
Son of Butch":123q7on3 said:
melking":123q7on3 said:
OR

Butch. He is correct. Early in his ministry, as is the flaw of youth, Reverend Mr. Graham made anti-Semitic statements. No question. Not appropriate to post it here. You can research it yourself. It is very easy to find. In later years, he recanted the relevant earlier preachings. All this is on tape.
define "His religion" vs "any other"

Son of Butch":13mukpzf said:
Bright Raven":13mukpzf said:
Son of Butch":13mukpzf said:
OR

define "His religion" vs "any other"

I will send you a PM. The same explanation, I sent Troy.

Didn't want to start trouble nor get the thread locked. Slick, showing respect is something I do daily for real hero's. I merely wonder at the fact that when death occurs, many people become saints.

melking":2pqa9msp said:
Didn't want to start trouble nor get the thread locked. Slick, showing respect is something I do daily for real hero's. I merely wonder at the fact that when death occurs, many people become saints.

Nothing's as sweet as a memory.

melking":q707rdel said:

I sincerely respected him. He is so vastly superior to most of the TV evangelist of my generation, it makes it a farce to state.

In his youth, he made statements like we all do that offended good people of other faiths. He himself later stated numerous times that he had mellowed. That everyone can enter the gates of heaven - Jew and Muslim. He is among the greatest 10.orators of my generation. I think I saw 90 % of his televised events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts