Getting old

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus/Brangus":3sfogwbp said:
Yes, this is true!! Besides being a reminder of my aging, I'm not sure what to make of being a grandfather yet.

And aren't there a lot of alternate names for "grandfather"? And for "grandmother"? Anything that sounds younger?

Does codger or crone sound younger?

Angus/Brangus":2lxkffet said:
dun":2lxkffet said:
Angus/Brangus":2lxkffet said:
Yes, this is true!! Besides being a reminder of my aging, I'm not sure what to make of being a grandfather yet.

And aren't there a lot of alternate names for "grandfather"? And for "grandmother"? Anything that sounds younger?

:lol: I'm sure those names will come along down the road Dun but there's gotta be something milder between now and then!

What names for "grandfather" run through your family?

Sir

dun":2z3cs6yj said:
Angus/Brangus":2z3cs6yj said:

:shock: Ummmmm, no. :lol: :lol: :lol:

My grankids just call me grampa. Oldest was adopted out at birth and calls me "BG" for birth grampa.

Angus/Brangus":1jw89ey3 said:
dun":1jw89ey3 said:
Angus/Brangus":1jw89ey3 said:

Grandpa or Grandad are about the only two that are used in my family.

No matter what they call you, the first time you hear it reality sets in. Kind of a shock but you get used to it.

Angus/Brangus":1rnl6hvw said:
dun":1rnl6hvw said:
Angus/Brangus":1rnl6hvw said:

:lol: I'm sure those names will come along down the road Dun but there's gotta be something milder between now and then!

We called my mother's dad Bigdad.

Grandson calls me PawPaw. He picked that up by himself - no coaching. He started callin me that before he said MaMa and that really wissed his momma off. :lol:

My kids call my mom and dad "Nana and Papaw Fred" and my husbands mom and dad is "Memaw and Papaw Billy" and for the great-grandma's are Grandma Baker and G.G. (short for great grandma)

novatech":1s516j6w said:
No matter what they call you, the first time you hear it reality sets in. Kind of a shock but you get used to it.

Exactly. Once you hear them call out for you, everything else is history.

MillIronQH":c2hphmiq said:
You know that once you become a Grandpa you are eligible for membership in The Crotchity Old Men's Society.Z

and what membership comes with being a great grandpa? :lol:

dun":3fg33eqq said:
Angus/Brangus":3fg33eqq said:

Start practicing!!!!!!!!!! Still hopes for some....

CLICK ON THIS WEBSITE...YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS LADY...

http://share.youthwant.com.tw/flvplayer ... m=33001858

Listen closely to the ages-- Yes
He: 25 years old

She: 84 years old

Latest posts