Getting old(er)

Help Support CattleToday:

Ouachita

Reaction score
I've finally figured it out.

Our free nerve endings mature at a much slower rate than our pea brains.

When I was a child, Mom made me wear a toboggan (warm stocking hat, whatever) when I went outside in the cold. I hated it and fuzzy ball on top. I'd get a new one every Christmas from great aunt Sook.

I tried to convince Mom that I didn't need to wear it, because my ears weren't cold.

My ears were indeed cold. I just didn't feel it then. At that age I'm guessing all my nerve endings ended up at the head of my pecker. Pretty sure that's why they're called endings.

Now, decades later, I'm searching for my Carhartt toboggan because my ears are about to freeze solid and fall off my head, and I haven't considered the condition of my pecker in quite some time. Poor thing.

It's similar to going pee. When I was a kid (guess I was noodling my crotch), Mom would tell me to stop what I was doing and go pee. It didn't bother me to hold it.

Nowadays, when I feel the pee pain, I'm looking from a spot to stop and pee. Mom is no longer needed.

So, I think our free nerve endings must have evolved so that as we get older, we realize that we aren't ten feet tall and bulletproof anymore.

They are speaking to us; Slow down in the shower, put yer dang hat on, drink your coffee slower, for heaven sake drive slower, when something hurts pay attention, and etc.

Getting older ain't for sissies, but it is entertaining if you can laugh at yourself and exchange witty remarks with your better half. Smile, BIG!

I agree with almost all that.
I'm thinking you've got a decade or two on me. I'm just getting introduced to this new old thing. Trying to have some fun with it. Is there anything else?

Come on old timer……..if you have some tips, this is the place. Spill it here.

I'm thinking you've got a decade or two on me. I'm just getting introduced to this new old thing. Trying to have some fun with it. Is there anything else?

Come on old timer……..if you have some tips, this is the place. Spill it here.
Don't get overly concerned in freezing weather if your feet are getting cold. Worry, if they are not.

Don't let the skin on your elbows get dried out.

If someone asks if you think you will outlive them, ask how old they are. If they are younger than you, tell them "I already have."

I've finally figured it out.

Our free nerve endings mature at a much slower rate than our pea brains.

When I was a child, Mom made me wear a toboggan (warm stocking hat, whatever) when I went outside in the cold. I hated it and fuzzy ball on top. I'd get a new one every Christmas from great aunt Sook.

I tried to convince Mom that I didn't need to wear it, because my ears weren't cold.

My ears were indeed cold. I just didn't feel it then. At that age I'm guessing all my nerve endings ended up at the head of my pecker. Pretty sure that's why they're called endings.

Now, decades later, I'm searching for my Carhartt toboggan because my ears are about to freeze solid and fall off my head, and I haven't considered the condition of my pecker in quite some time. Poor thing.

It's similar to going pee. When I was a kid (guess I was noodling my crotch), Mom would tell me to stop what I was doing and go pee. It didn't bother me to hold it.

Nowadays, when I feel the pee pain, I'm looking from a spot to stop and pee. Mom is no longer needed.

So, I think our free nerve endings must have evolved so that as we get older, we realize that we aren't ten feet tall and bulletproof anymore.

They are speaking to us; Slow down in the shower, put yer dang hat on, drink your coffee slower, for heaven sake drive slower, when something hurts pay attention, and etc.

Getting older ain't for sissies, but it is entertaining if you can laugh at yourself and exchange witty remarks with your better half. Smile, BIG!
How old are you that your pecker has gone to sleep?

Ken

Latest posts