Georgia run off today.................

Help Support CattleToday:

What is currently happening in the Capitol and on the steps is an attack on our democracy. It should be met with extreme force - the same as the violent protests late year should have been dealt with. Not the peaceful protestors in either case, but the people who have illegally entered and destroyed. This is now the legacy of the last 4 years. I guess law and order are no longer part of the platform. The senators and representatives that objected to the electoral college results are permanently stained as well in my opinion. I don't think history will be kind to this administration.
Actually this is the hatching of politics of division. The second clutch has had enough of the first.
Catering to the special interest group's and ignoring the masses.
We have been sold out by both sides IMO.
Both are owned and not by the American people.

Lock and load there is no neutral in a Civil War!

I would have thought you were correct, but this shows that there are more $100 bills in circulation than $1 bills.

Got to go check on some cows now.
Well maybe now, but not when they put ol George on there...use your head instead of Google "man"....lol.

Biggest difference between these and the other protests is it was directed exactly at the intended group being protested. Unfortunately Washington will not see that for what it is, a large portion of Americans fed up with the business as usual you people don't matter attitude of the Washington machine. If you think this has anything to do with Trump you would be very wrong. He is nothing but a poor representative of the movement.

Twitter is not obligated to give a platform to anyone. People who violate their terms of service are subject to having their accounts removed, even if they're the president of the United States.
I appreciate your response. But I don't think I should take advice on constitutional law from someone who doesn't know what a question mark means. .....

I appreciate your response. But I don't think I should take advice on constitutional law from someone who doesn't know what a question mark means. .....
Your use of the word "another" led me to believe that you think there are constitutional violations taking place. I asked you to expand on that, because I'm not aware of any.

Biggest difference between these and the other protests is it was directed exactly at the intended group being protested. Unfortunately Washington will not see that for what it is, a large portion of Americans fed up with the business as usual you people don't matter attitude of the Washington machine. If you think this has anything to do with Trump you would be very wrong. He is nothing but a poor representative of the movement.
Would like to agree with you, but the signs the protesters are carrying and the timing would suggest otherwise.

There is no difference between the violent summer protesters and the protesters today. Scum of the earth.

I think the real problem is that the large portion is not quite large enough. It is close to 50% - plus or minus. That means that roughly the same number of people are content with the business as usual or even want it to be worse. I think our political view distribution has changed over the years. Years ago, probably 70% of the people were in the 35 to 65% between extreme left and extreme right views. It was easier to find a majority of support for a somewhat middle of the road candidate. Now the distribution is more spread out with less opportunity for any common ground or working together. As long as we are so spread out on our views, I don't see a solution.

From the pictures today, it sure looked to me that the people were decorated with Trump's name. Looked like to me that the people there today were about Trump. I voted for him twice because I thought he was the better of the two candidates. But, surely we must have better candidates than those two.

A question - Should we support the elected candidate if the majority of the voters voted for him in a fair election - regardless of party?

Twitter is not obligated to give a platform to anyone. People who violate their terms of service are subject to having their accounts removed, even if they're the president of the United States.
They can, but they can also be sued, for not equally treating all users. Since being social media sites are not considered editorial, and can't unequally limit, or remove content. Not saying they did, or have, but they also can't just willy nilly ban users, or remove content, just because they own the site.

Not saying they did, or have, but they also can't just willy nilly ban users, or remove content, just because they own the site.
Sure they can, and have many times. It's in their terms of service agreement all users agreed to. Same holds true here at Ct and most other internet based formats.
What's to stop them?

We will never have term limits so long as those in power can vote themselves the purse.
Washington is on the dollar because it is our basic unit of exchange i. e. U S Dollar.

Sure they can, and have many times. It's in their terms of service agreement all users agreed to. Same holds true here at Ct and most other internet based formats.
What's to stop them?
Terms of service is their rules for how they will regulate their site, but if they go beyond then they are libel. They do not have the right to unequally apply their terms of service on their site. The contract works both ways.
If they would like to have full control, and apply the rules where they please, then they would be considered an editorial, and that has a different set of rules.

Latest posts