Well this happened today…..

Help Support CattleToday:

ksmit454

Reaction score
UGH. Always something, am I right? She was only stuck thankfully for a little bit. Used a sawzall with a metal blade and cut the feeder up. Needless to say, I have NO MORE feeders in the pastures. They are getting hay on the ground now.

Attachments

• F34B548C-7461-4D1E-BB53-4C8C2E153271.jpeg
    F34B548C-7461-4D1E-BB53-4C8C2E153271.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 70
UGH. Always something, am I right? She was only stuck thankfully for a little bit. Used a sawzall with a metal blade and cut the feeder up. Needless to say, I have NO MORE feeders in the pastures. They are getting hay on the ground now.
It's amazing what a calf can get into...

I found one hanging in a tree by a back leg, the front feet about six feet off the ground. Chunky little steer calf never walked right again.

I have contemplated getting a poly bale ring but I feed from the 100lb bales and I feed about 2/3 of a bale in am and 2/3 in pm (right no anyway). Not sure if the round feeders would do ok with the flakes rather than the round bale?
Good save! One reason I have poly bale rings.

It's going well. I got 2 bred that were in standing heat. I have 2 cows that calved back in early October and I saw one of them standing yesterday and her patch was pink however, it was the day before leaving for Hawaii and my day was so packed already I did not have time to call my AI guy. Soooo going to shoot for another 21 days and check for heat then. The other cow has shown no signs of heat however so that is something I might have to figure out.
They all do stupid stuff!
Glad ya got it fixed.

How's the heat detecting going?

It's amazing what a calf can get into...

I found one hanging in a tree by a back leg, the front feet about six feet off the ground. Chunky little steer calf never walked right again.
Holy moly! That's crazy… I don't know how they get themselves into trouble so often. Really never a dull moment. I bet he never walked right again.

I have contemplated getting a poly bale ring but I feed from the 100lb bales and I feed about 2/3 of a bale in am and 2/3 in pm (right no anyway). Not sure if the round feeders would do ok with the flakes rather than the round bale?
Century does have a small poly feeder for square bales. Or, for the small amount you're feeding, you could just put it in a bunk, which is what I do if I have to bring one down & keep it at the barn (for whatever reason; doctoring, etc.).

Latest posts