Walmart laying off people.........

Help Support CattleToday:

We are 30 miles from the nearest grocery store. The pantry is well stocked and the freezer is full. Of course the pasture is full and there is no shortage of wildlife which will be ate if needed.
I haven't notice a big increase in potato prices. For others it might be freight getting them to you. I am about 40 miles from the western edge of those Idaho potatoes. Actually a fair number of them raised in the Baker valley now. The 60 mph look at the potato fields, they look good. We are still a few weeks before harvest begins.
The prices could be because we are at the tail end of last years stored crop and the new harvest hasn't started yet.

Last edited:
Who is pulling the strings, and why should we trust anyone?
Those pulling the strings are the same folks who talk about population control. Government does nothing but lie to us. You really have to be as stupid as the government (and media) thinks we all are to believe much of what it says.

COVID was pretty successful in that regard. How many opportunities for "lab accidents" are there, but these NEVER happen? There are so many safeguards in place in labs working with novel and highly contagious diseases. Either the Wuhan lab was not maintained properly or the release was intentional.

As far as what is considered "prepping"... It doesn't matter what I consider prepping, it matters what those who want to control us consider prepping.

One thing the government certainly considers prepping would be stockpiling of ammunition. The government is transitioning to tungsten-based ammunition due to "green" reasons but, in reality, is making the change to limit the amount of surplus ammunition available to civilians (we cannot purchase the tungsten stuff) and because the tungsten-based ammunition will pierce body armor available to civilians. Folks' options for stockpiling ammunition may become rather limited in some popular calibers. If you can't take away citizens' firearms, severely restrict the supply of ammunition.

Why anyone would ever trust the government, especially ours in the US now, escapes me. One only need look at history to see why trust should never be placed in government.
Well that was a mouth full of nothing.
I appreciate you taking the time but your going to have to work on some things if you expect anyone to take you seriously.

Well that was a mouth full of nothing.
I appreciate you taking the time but your going to have to work on some things if you expect anyone to take you seriously.
Only in the minds of those who don't want to hear. I have the distinct impression I could give you facts all day long, but they wouldn't matter to you.

I'm old enough, experienced enough, and appreciate history enough to stand on my own two feet without care for what others think about me.

You do what you want to do, I'll do what I want to do, and we'll see who turns out better in the end if SHTF. My point regarding trustworthiness of those in power stands.

Only in the minds of those who don't want to hear. I have the distinct impression I could give you facts all day long, but they wouldn't matter to you.

I'm old enough, experienced enough, and appreciate history enough to stand on my own two feet without care for what others think about me.

You do what you want to do, I'll do what I want to do, and we'll see who turns out better in the end if SHTF. My point regarding trustworthiness of those in power stands.
I wouldn't have asked if it didn't matter.
Also Id bet you are no more prepared for anything than me are more knowledgeable on history. At least some aspects of history. I have the distinct impression that you couldn't produce any facts on anything you've posted if your life depended on it.
Based on the FACT. How you respond to someone asking you a question you obviously don't have a answer for.

I've been hearin that my whole life.
Most recently from some cat known only as Q and of course from his now incarcerated (but colorful) horned shaman.

Latest posts