Frost on the pumpkin

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
So there is frost on the pumpkin again this morning. Not terrible at 25 degrees but enough to put on a coat. I got to thinking the solution to frost on the pumpkin. Don't plant pumpkins. No more frost on the pumpkin. Problem solved. But then I got to thinking would doing that contribute to global warming?

Pumpkins are really tough to grow down here. Squash is fine because it matures faster than the bugs can decimate it. Pumpkins just sit there too long. All our pumpkins are immigrants from other states. :lol:

It was 22 here on Wednesday morning. Frost almost everyday since. I thought good no more mosquitoes or rattle snakes until next spring. Then about 12:30 I was sitting in the living room eating lunch and watching a football game. Some guy stopped out on the road. It is deer season so I wonder what he is up to. I put the binoculars on him. He gets a shovel out of his pickup and kills a big rattler. Didn't that snake know it is time to go underground? I am glad he is dead but now I am going to be on the lookout for a couple more weeks.

we don't get that cold down here, but the snakes usually go underground in October or November. a few years ago long after several freezing nights there was one out on the road on Christmas day. crazy.

Latest posts