Friction on the breeds board

Help Support CattleToday:

Yeah your right rustler, we do say ya'll. Well maybe not at school cause the teachers kinda make a fuss. And some kids try the frizzle dizzle dog talk, that is messed up. But I use the word ya'll all the time and don't even realize I am.
Ellie May

Frizzle dizzle dog talk? :lol: Speaking of whats messed up...

P.S. I guess it's just easier to say guys, as opposed to guys and girls.

I will use the "y'alls" in emails but not very often in person... Sometimes I will say "y'alls" in person and I am from Oregon! My line is "How y'all doin'?" or "What y'all doin' today?"
I love hearing the Southern Texans talk!
Well shoot the "y'alls" are better than all the street talk ya hear on TV or on rap music! "dizzin' with my dogz" that sort of nightmarish talk....

Y'all should come up to Canada. The standard greeting around here is 'How's it goin, eh?'. But make sure you bring a toque and a parka otherwise you might get cold.

Hell Cattle Rack, I don't have to go to Canada to hear that. During the winter all I have to do is go to the city and about half the people hear are talking that way.....

Yall still have to have the draw to go with it. You never realize how much of a draw you have til you make a trip to Mississippi and everyone keeps asking you just where in the hell are you from?

I'm your prototypical slow spoken southern farm boy. I remember on one occasion in college I had a comp professor giving us a fresher upper on commas. He told us that to read a sentence out loud and place a comma anywhere we paused. We came to an agreement real quick like though when he realized that I would have commas in the middle of words much less in the appropriate places.

JB

Latest posts