For all the hard core

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigbull338 your right lasater bloodlines is all I have although I recently purchased a bbu type heifer sired by a bull they called gandy dandy.Bigbull338 I think you should try the lasater bloodlines you would be really pleased with what they can do trust me.If you get a chance come up to the texoma bull sale in April and buy some fouindation females they'll be selling a few and they will be fairly cheap for what you'll be getting.

tuck":vnsfdft4 said:
I would really like to have few Senapol's. Although I would get docked for the ears around here. Oh yeah I have Angus and Red Poll's now. Also thinking about AI'ing some Gelbveih or however you spell it.

What ear?

dun":216rcebh said:
tuck":216rcebh said:
I would really like to have few Senapol's. Although I would get docked for the ears around here. Oh yeah I have Angus and Red Poll's now. Also thinking about AI'ing some Gelbveih or however you spell it.

What ear?

This ear. :lol: :lol:

senepol.jpg

i have mostly beefmaster and beefmaster cross and have tried pretty much everything else (almost) at some point.

Brahman
Tigerstripes
Brangus
Simbrah
r & b angus
simmental
charolais
hereford
shorthorn

Dislikes:
Fruitcake(s)

Love my herefords ~ but have always liked beefmasters. My husband came home from the Co Fair today all excited about braunvieh.

Murray Grey now. Have worked with pretty much all the main beef breeds. Like shorthorns but probably wouldnt have too many of my own. Not such a big fan of herefords, angus and limo.

Others that have caught my eye:

Solid Galloways
Welsh Black
Balancer (not many of those around here)
Beefmaster (not many of those around here either, but I like some of the animals that have been posted here)
Aubrac (again, really like the pics posted here)
Nguni
Square Meaters
Mandalong Specials
Shaver X Limo

MikeC":c7a663ja said:
dun":c7a663ja said:
tuck":c7a663ja said:

What ear?

This ear. :lol: :lol:

senepol.jpg

As I asked, what ear?

I really like the looks of the Fleckvieh and Murray Grey.

We've used a little Braunvieh semen in the past and liked the calves. Considering sampling them again in the future if I find the right Braunvieh bull that interests me.

We run Gelbvieh and Gelbvieh influenced cattle.

We've got Brahman, Simbrah and Simmentals. Love some of the other continental breeds.. Shorthorns and exotics - Pinzgauers.

In this climate we need the Brahman influence, and I really love the Brahman cows. Over the years we've had Angus, Herefords, and Limousins. Simmentals have always worked really well for me.

~

I have Simmental and SimAngus now. They work well in this environment and cross well with everything.

Have ALWAYS been interested in Beefmaster.

Braford. I raise Brangus, but I like a Braford momma, too. Used to be a ranch not too far away that raised purebred Braford. He then began crossing those Braford mommas with Charolais and those calves only knew how to do one thing.......GROW!

KNERSIE":3qy4cja5 said:
I breed registered polled herefords, of the other british breeds, I'd raise sussex. Afrikaner cattle has also always fascinated me.
I grew up with Afrikaner and will always have a 'soft spot' for them, and the Afrikaner/Sussex was the most popular cross in our part of Matabeleland. I breed Tuli but would consider Bonsmara.

Santas and Duhram Reds":10csho2j said:
For those who beleive their breed is supreme. What breed has ever struck your interest as one you might consider raising other than your own?

In other words...
What is the one breed that you are curious about?

Please identify you current breed.

So commercial guys can respond. What breed have you never used but has intrigued you?

I have never believed a breed was supreme, just better suited for the enviroment they were at. With me it has always been about a live healthy calf that puts on maximum pounds off a momma cow on grass only. Here its hard to beat a Brangus/Hereford cross or a Char/Tiger cross.