foaming at the mouth

Help Support CattleToday:

rc690

Reaction score
Got new cow last wk and she still is foaming at the mouth. The stress level should have dropped by now, right? Could she have metal in her gut? Haven't noticed any wt loss. Any ideas?

Getting enough to eat and drink and being able to rest and ruminate without being disturbed by the others, act nervous?

She doesn't exactly act nervous. She seems to want to stay apart from rest of herd. I know it sounds crazy but she growls. We finally got her into the lot and will take to vet in am. Will let you know what he has to say.

After just hanging out with for a few hours I noticed that she would drink some but not like I would expect. I leaning towards a partial blockage of some sort. Like I said early am appt with the vet so I will know more then. Hope and pray that she'll be ok. Really like her looks and seems to be a gentle cow.

She is exhibiting the signs of wooden tongue. Will know for sure shortly. Will mention this to the vet.

First of all I want to thank y'all for the input. I have learned some new things that are gonna be helpful.
Now for the update...the vet suspected a tumor and advised culling. That is what happened sorry to say.
Live and learn I reckon.

Latest posts