first my twin, now my turn--quad bypass

Help Support CattleToday:

Well, a few setbaks. I am still in cardio intensive care unit. Have been going into AFib rhythm this week starting Monday night.
Got 3 units of blood last night and no afib, feel better this morning than any since surgery tho I just have a general "Bleech!" physical feeling..and lots of trouble with my left leg where they scooped out the veins to use as bypass for my old ticker. They're talking about going in there and 'evacuating a big hematoma underside of my knee.

Yeah, should they release me, I do intend to do the 3 day/wk cardio rehab.

Wanted:
Qualified combination cook/home phy therapist/nurse/farmhand.
Must be self starter that is ABLE and WILLING to get up the same time I do each MORNING, long on following orders, short on giving them and mouth shut the rest of the time.

greybeard":12h6eubz said:
Well, a few setbaks. I am still in cardio intensive care unit. Have been going into AFib rhythm this week starting Monday night.
Got 3 units of blood last night and no afib, feel better this morning than any since surgery tho I just have a general "Bleech!" physical feeling..and lots of trouble with my left leg where they scooped out the veins to use as bypass for my old ticker. They're talking about going in there and 'evacuating a big hematoma underside of my knee.

Wanted:
Must be self starter that is ABLE and WILLING to get up the same time I do each MORNING, long on following orders, short on giving them and mouth shut the rest of the time.

Sounds frustrating. hang in there.

greybeard":10x09d2j said:

Wanted:

The AFIB trust me I understand buddy .. You will be ok.

greybeard":1avgy824 said:

Wanted:

Glad you're feeling better this morning, but I'm still worried about you. Your want ad makes me think they may have the pain killers cranked up too high.

Yep, they turned me loose.
Looks like (so far) my $225,000 cigarette control surgery has been successful.
Thanks for all the advice, prayers, and well wishes.

greybeard":32stobsn said:
Yep, they turned me loose.

YAY!!! :banana: :banana:

Looks like (so far) my $225,000 cigarette control surgery has been successful.

YAY!! :banana: :banana:

Thanks for all the advice, prayers, and well wishes.

:tiphat:

Such good news! Follow the advice and instructions. Here's wishing you many years of better health. :)

I hope you are able to stay off the nicotine. I know it can be difficult! But gee, you went and spent all that money to kick the habit.... ;-) 8)

Great news. Just being home, will improve how you feel. It won't take long until you are yourself again. My mom was about 75 when she had the same surgery. Had it in June, and was back pull starting her weedeater before fall.

God is good all the time. Everyone's life experiences are not like mine, and everyone's life experiences are not like yours. We do all get to experience Gods love though. I, (and many others) will continue to pray for your recovery.

I'm still around. Leg is giving me some grief--infected now and still swole up and black and blue. All this medicine is making me sick to stomach.
Can't or not supposed to do anything but lay around with that left foot elevted.
No caffiene, haven't had a cig in 24 days, no salt, no ice cream, no sex, no walking, no driving, no excitement, no riding except to Dr appointments.
Wife put some hay out yesterday--came back crying---not exactly her 'cup of tea', she's a city girl, but doing her best.
Could be worse I guess.

Hang in there GB, it will get better. Just keep the faith. Give your wife some extra lovin and support for her efforts. She will feel better if she knows that you understand her struggles and you appreciate her. :heart:

branguscowgirl":3ory47hs said:
Hang in there GB, it will get better. Just keep the faith. Give your wife some extra lovin and support for her efforts. She will feel better if she knows that you understand her struggles and you appreciate her. :heart:
Dr won't let him have sex! Bcg

Sounds like sh'e a good one. If they didn't tell you no hugs, consider giving her one (without getting excited :shock: ). Hang in there and may god bless you and your family.

greybeard":eutm77x1 said:
I'm still around. Leg is giving me some grief--infected now and still swole up and black and blue.

It will heal. That happened to a friend of ours, it took a while, but it did heal.
All this medicine is making me sick to stomach.
Can't or not supposed to do anything but lay around with that left foot elevted.

:( This too shall pass.

No caffiene, haven't had a cig in 24 days, no salt, no ice cream, no sex, no walking, no driving, no excitement, no riding except to Dr appointments.

No fun! When all this has gone by the wayside, you're going to be feeling pretty good. It may not seem like it now, but you will.

Wife put some hay out yesterday--came back crying---not exactly her 'cup of tea', she's a city girl, but doing her best.

Good for her! :D

Could be worse I guess.

Hang in there.

greybeard":265aau91 said:
I'm still around. Leg is giving me some grief--infected now and still swole up and black and blue. All this medicine is making me sick to stomach.
Sounds like you have cut out everything but paper dolls! Try to avoid that because once you go there you may not come back. LOL
Hang tuf.
Like an old acquaintance once told me "It's gonna come good"

M-5":juil1hhp said:
branguscowgirl":juil1hhp said:
Dr won't let him have sex! Bcg
I know, I know! It doesn't always require "sex" to let her know that you appreciate her Mdash! :pretty: (Also ways to have sex without exertion. :lol2: :lol2: 8) )

I have been thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers GB!
I know how frustrating it is to have to sit back and watch life from the sidelines while you recover. Hang in there, and just take it one step at a time and day by day. You will be back to a new kind of normal in no time. :heart:

Latest posts