first my twin, now my turn--quad bypass

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
Having been blessed with 65+ years of comparitively good health, I now, find myself tonight connected to a myriad of wires, being poked and prodded, drained of blood one tube at a time every 4 hours for enzyme checks,, and having earlier today seen a probe run up from my groin thru my femoral artery and scheduled monday for a quadruple bypass.

Stints not an option, as at least one of my arterires has been growing 'backwards" according to the cardio surgeon that will do the cut work, and they wouldn't be able to work the wire up thru that artery so the plan is to do a bypass on everything while 'they're in there'.

The 30 mile trip from farm to emergency room late yesterdy did not help the situation, as Jane acquired a redlight camera ticket and scared me poohless at 90mph.
Gone forever are the bulletproof and invisible days of my life.

I'm so sorry to hear this. Will pray for you and your family. Presuming (hoping) you're having it done in Houston?

New to the forum so we're not familiar, but I still send prayers.
Hope things turn for the better and you can get back to the farm! :)

I'm sorry you're going through that. It's a shame that the only way to avoid getting old is to die young. (Not that I'm saying you're old; 65 doesn't seem nearly as old as it did 30 or 40 years ago.)

Dang GB I hate that give me a day or two to get over my procedure if you need any help holler.
I am currently grounded from moving machinery the Mrs has been watching me like a hawk that I don't sneak out.
Prayers are for you.

Oh man GB! I haven't posted much lately but this one knocked me down a bit, you know you have our prayers. Please keep me/us updated as you can, our prayers will be heavy on Monday my friend and you're along ways from being done being bullet proof...... Just a hiccup. Take care my friend, I wait for an update as you are able.

Alan

Praying for you brother. My mom is 76, and had it last year. Does everything she wants. Seen her weed eating today. Her recovery was quick to.

If your recovery is typical, you'll be up and at em sooner then you would think is possible. The worst part of the whole deal is when they jerk those drain tubes out of your chest, you'll wish you had the strength to jump up and womp them.
Good luck!

Situations like this you just gotta put yourself in their hands and just consider yourself as a piece of meat for them to work on. You passed the big one and that was getting to the ER in time. I am sure it is going to be tough but there is light at the end of the tunnel and I am sure the benefits of the procedure will be worthwhile. All the best Greybeard, I will be thinking of you.
Ken

My mom had a quad bypass done last year at 79. When she got home from the surgery, after the 9th day, she got and unbearable pain in her stomach. I took her to the emergency room and after all night of testing they found when they put her back together from the surgery they had kinked her intestine (bowl) and a section at least a foot long had died. They immediately put a tube down her throat and sucked everything out and the next day she had another surgery to cut at least a foot out of her intestine and get her kidneys back going which took three days ( the doctor told her she was lucky they found it and she would have been dead shortly from it.) While doing all the testing at the emergency room they found a lump in her breast and she had another surgery within a month to remove her breast which was luckily only stage 2 cancer. A year latter she mows and weed-eats her yard which is at least an acre as I can't do it to please her. She still complains about the bowl surgery as she said it was alot worse than the by-pass. Other than a yearly checkup my mother hadn't ever been to the doctor. Also she never took and always turned down the pain meds when offer at the hospital and never ever filled the pain meds prescription she received. From all the surgery s she was cut from under her neck down through her stomach(bowl surgery) and from removing the veins to her ankle.

Latest posts