first my twin, now my turn--quad bypass

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":1xao1i11 said:
GB called me today said he was feeling better and doing good.
Yes, I am walking,........tho not far or very fast. "Once around the block" as they call here. The muscular activity itself is not at all difficult, but keeping my lungs expanding is very hard.
The last of the drainage tubes were pulled out today along with the tiny wires for the heart/lung pacemaker, leaving just one "line" in should they need to get something in fast, and now is the chance to point out the egg on my face---I am now 'manscaped' over 80% of my skin.

I can't say it was terribly painful in any one or two event aspect, .... more like torture by 1000 little cuts, pokes, pulls and prods.

And yes too, there are many beautiful women caregivers here, but none hold a candle to the one that will take me back home sometime next week. She's a trooper like none other.

A thanks to each and every one of you here, for your prayers, kind words, encouragement, and advice.

Glad to see you back GB. They tell me it's rough for awhile but you will come out of it better than you were before. Did they give you a huggy bear to hold? Get some rest and keep thanking that home care nurse. She is the one that will keep you straight. Again, Welcome Back! :welcome:

It's great to hear from you GB, I'm happy things seem well, thanks for the post and in time I look forward to your future post... As in the Longhorns stink! Och! :lol: cherish that loved one you found years ago and is now your caretaker until you get too grumpy.

Alan

Bigfoot":2nxzdx8t said:
Awesome post. Glad your back at it.

:nod: :nod: :nod:

Sorry to hear about all the pokes, prods, pulls, sticks, etc. I think, in the end, you'll be glad of it.

Keep doing what they tell you that you need to do.

Glad to see you back here and posting!

More prayers coming your way. :)

Glad to hear you are progressing along. Give yourself time to heal mentally too--it's a challenging thing for one's psyche to go through.

When you get recovered, although you will feel like your 17 again, bear in mind that the other body parts are still old and badly used.

Not what anyone wishes for! Life has its mean side. Its a thrilling roller coaster ride except for those mean bumps that remind us of our mortality. All life is ephemeral. Enjoy each moment. Even the tough ones have merit. When that pretty gal of yours takes you home, I bet you see home like you never seen it before.

Carl Sagan: "We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it is forever."

GB: When you go home, your pretty wife will pack you up and take care of everything.
When I go home from my next appointment with mortality, I have to call a taxi. :D :D :D

greybeard":3rozqfp9 said:
Caustic Burno":3rozqfp9 said:
GB called me today said he was feeling better and doing good.
Yes, I am walking,........tho not far or very fast. "Once around the block" as they call here. The muscular activity itself is not at all difficult, but keeping my lungs expanding is very hard.
The last of the drainage tubes were pulled out today along with the tiny wires for the heart/lung pacemaker, leaving just one "line" in should they need to get something in fast, and now is the chance to point out the egg on my face---I am now 'manscaped' over 80% of my skin.

I can't say it was terribly painful in any one or two event aspect, .... more like torture by 1000 little cuts, pokes, pulls and prods.

And yes too, there are many beautiful women caregivers here, but none hold a candle to the one that will take me back home sometime next week. She's a trooper like none other.

A thanks to each and every one of you here, for your prayers, kind words, encouragement, and advice.
Great to hear you're up and around. Give yourself plenty of time and heal well. God Bless.

Greybeard, I can never think of the right thing to say that sounds comforting or supportive. Just sounds so HUGE, what you're going through. But, sounds like you're doing better and so glad to hear that, and prayers are out there for you and yours.

GB, I don't know your situation re how far you live from the hospital and your insurance coverage, but I would encourage you to go to the cardio rehab sessions if it is an option for you. I went for a couple weeks, 3X per week. I think the insurance would have paid for an additional 4 weeks.

After my dismissal from the hospital, I stayed at my sister's house in town, and got a friend to drive me to the M-W-F rehab sessions. I was itching to get home to the ranch and didn't want to make the 200 mile round trip 3X a week, so I quit the rehab after a couple weeks and came home. Technically I was not cleared by the dr to drive yet either, but I went to church, got my mail, and poked around on the tractor and 4 wheeler at home and started doing my own non-lifting chores.

One of the first things I did when I got home was to put a new battery in the 4 wheeler. Neighbors doing my chores had been using it but they had to start it with the rope start because the battery had died. I was not yet up to pulling the rope after my surgery :oops:

John SD":24smjc37 said:
GB, I don't know your situation re how far you live from the hospital and your insurance coverage, but I would encourage you to go to the cardio rehab sessions if it is an option for you. I went for a couple weeks, 3X per week. I think the insurance would have paid for an additional 4 weeks.
I'll second the cardio rehab. I've been through 2 different types. The first one right after the bypass included being wired up every time and the heart monitor being done. The second was after the congestive heart failure deal, that just consisted of blood pressure before and after each session and exercise.