First ear’d cattle in over 35 years

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":2ikk7zaa said:
Texas has nearly 11 million head of cattle and you think 23k is the majority?
Now that is Angus pimping.
I am sure Dr. Riley has no clue with decades of research in Fla. Mississippi and Texas.
I am not arguing with you. Your arguing
with one of the most known PhD in improving herd genetics.
I don't recall saying those 23 thousand head registered in 2018 were the majority. No I'm not but that 60% is a little higher than that 42%. Everyone knows Brahmen work down south, now bring them up here and its another story...

The Angus Association is selling snake oil as Angus does it all. It doesn't, neither does Brahman. Fact is 80% of the worlds beef is Brahman influenced as it is raised in the sub tropics to the tropics .
It's about converting grass to pounds of beef that mash the scales, everything else is just BS.

Name calling is not tolerated!
Post deleted.

frieghttrain":37e1mwa9 said:
Caustic Burno":37e1mwa9 said:
I am sure Dr. Riley has no clue with decades of research in Fla. Mississippi and Texas.
I don't recall saying those 23 thousand head registered in 2018 were the majority. No I'm not but that 60% is a little higher than that 42%. Everyone knows Brahmen work down south, now bring them up here and its another story...

Obviously those percentages aren't apples to apples. Angus and Brahman cattle can't make up 102% of the cattle population. :)

Muddy":2894461b said:
Mod2":2894461b said:
Name calling is not tolerated!
Post deleted.
Dun, you always let many people slide when they're name calling...

:stop: while your ahead. Dun passed away.

Brute 23":3hc478nm said:
frieghttrain":3hc478nm said:
Caustic Burno":3hc478nm said:

Obviously those percentages aren't apples to apples. Angus and Brahman cattle can't make up 102% of the cattle population. :)
Nope but technically you only need 1% to be influenced ;-) Not to mention Brangus would make up a decent %.

Caustic Burno":35nxuf7i said:
The Angus Association is selling snake oil as Angus does it all. It doesn't, neither does Brahman. Fact is 80% of the worlds beef is Brahman influenced as it is raised in the sub tropics to the tropics .
It's about converting grass to pounds of beef that mash the scales, everything else is just BS.
Agree 100%

frieghttrain":2ddv6by2 said:
Caustic Burno":2ddv6by2 said:
Agree 100%

I see both sides as I have an Angus bull standing in the pasture.
I don't plan on buying another one, he suffers in my environment. Most likely look at Brangus, Braford and Beefmaster are on my list as well.

Dogs and Cows":l6rq646l said:
Why does every brimmer influenced thread follow the same path...why do angus guys always have to come in and spew the brimmers are wild garbage...it just sets everyone off. To the OP...those are some fantastic heifers!!! I am kinda on the border of where brimmer influence would work...but boy, as someone else said, I'd take a load of those kinda any day! Best of luck!!

Tim
Brimmer people are like brimmer cattle. Hard headed, about half stubborn, hard of hearing, and never do what you want. Just look at ol' CB. He sort of looks like a F-1 when he lays his ears back and starts slinging snot. :lol: :lol2: :hide:

TexasBred":aygtto1l said:
Dogs and Cows":aygtto1l said:
Why does every brimmer influenced thread follow the same path...why do angus guys always have to come in and spew the brimmers are wild garbage...it just sets everyone off. To the OP...those are some fantastic heifers!!! I am kinda on the border of where brimmer influence would work...but boy, as someone else said, I'd take a load of those kinda any day! Best of luck!!

Tim
Brimmer people are like brimmer cattle. Hard headed, about half stubborn, hard of hearing, and never do what you want. Just look at ol' CB. He sort of looks like a F-1 when he lays his ears back and starts slinging snot. :lol: :lol2: :hide:

That's the Scotch Irish F-1.

Caustic Burno":2npzkxnw said:
TexasBred":2npzkxnw said:
Dogs and Cows":2npzkxnw said:

Tim

That's the Scotch Irish F-1.
throw in some Cherokee for good measure...

Well, they're coming closer and quicker. Tomorrow, we will see if they will venture inside the pen. My Simmy cows are on the other side of the barbed wire hollaring to be included.

Thanks to all, including the angus and Brahman fans. I've added both to to my lineup this summer, and I'm very pleased. Added a couple of Simmy girls as well, but they are home grown. Will be more pleased when they all put calves on the ground.

Latest posts