First ear’d cattle in over 35 years

Help Support CattleToday:

Gators Rule

Reaction score
First ear'd cattle in over 35 years on our Place. I have been searching for some heat tolerant commercial cattle to use as replacements in my commercial herd. While I was looking for bred heifers to buy, these 5 young open ladies waked into the arena during a Florida Cattlemans replacement heifer sale at the Arcadia Stockyards last Friday. They came from the Seminole Tribe and are mostly Brangus X. Good thing I hadn't sold my Simmental bull yet. I will use him as my angus bull is still just a mere baby. Now I can't figure out how to post pictures.

Gators Rule":2bdw061p said:
First ear'd cattle in over 35 years on our Place. I have been searching for some heat tolerant commercial cattle to use as replacements in my commercial herd. While I was looking for bred heifers to buy, these 5 young open ladies waked into the arena during a Florida Cattlemans replacement heifer sale at the Arcadia Stockyards last Friday. They came from the Seminole Tribe and are mostly Brangus X. Good thing I hadn't sold my Simmental bull yet. I will use him as my angus bull is still just a mere baby. Now I can't figure out how to post pictures.

[image][/image]

viewtopic.php?p=1529086#p1529086

I was surprised I still had them on my property the following day, because in my trailer they acted like wild deer. So far, no aggression, but have acted a little high headed, but not too bad.

Gators Rule":2qkaybtq said:
I was surprised I still had them on my property the following day, because in my trailer they acted like wild deer. So far, no aggression, but have acted a little high headed, but not too bad.

Just remember playing cowboy doesn't work well with the Brimmer girls.
Slow, steady and talk to them soon they will follow you anywhere. It's all about trust.

Caustic Burno":25k5mmd1 said:
Gators Rule":25k5mmd1 said:

Just remember playing cowboy doesn't work well with the Brimmer girls.
Slow, steady and talk to them soon they will follow you anywhere. It's all about trust.

This man doesn't play cowboy with any cow. The first thing these girls will learn (hopefully) is what is a feed bucket, and who brings it to them. In the pens, everything is slow and easy. I never pen cows with other people around. Generally, I pen them and then text my help that I have them in the pens. The only time I use a hotshot is when I have to tap a few of my oversized gentle Simmy cows because I can't budge them, too big and strong...and lazy. Rarely ever actually shock them. I don't use any rough treatment on any cow acting high headed, and never on one of my bulls. That's a recipe for a bad ending. I have one pit bull, and she knows to never come near the pens when cows are in there. It took one kick from me that flipped her upside down to learn that dogs are not allowed. She is a bad dog on all animals, except cows and people. Deathly afraid of cows and calves for some reason. I know dogs and whips have their place, but not on my place. If I have cows that need this type of treatment, they need to go elsewhere. I don't have to sweat as much when everything is calm, and as long as everything is calm, my wife will help me...LOL

Treat them like you said you do and in a few days they will follow you around like a puppy. good looking cows

TennesseeTuxedo":ob68vl7m said:
M-5":ob68vl7m said:
TennesseeTuxedo":ob68vl7m said:
You'd think the Angus influence would take the goofy out of them.

the angus is what makes them goofy. PB Brahma are like little kittens.

Oh so all the legendary tales of high strung fence jumping Brahman cattle are simply BS?

Gotcha.
Yes , fake news

Latest posts