Favorite Largemouth Bass Lure

Help Support CattleToday:

slick4591":1mueshm2 said:
Really nice fish, M5! It's may be just me but I couldn't have eaten a nice one like that. Those go back to make babies.

If I catch it im eating it lol only way doesn't get eaten is if its too small :)

skyhightree1":21bgfyz6 said:
slick4591":21bgfyz6 said:
Really nice fish, M5! It's may be just me but I couldn't have eaten a nice one like that. Those go back to make babies.

If I catch it im eating it lol only way doesn't get eaten is if its too small :)

Used to eat bass out of Granddad's pond, but as I grew older I started recognizing the sport fishing side. Too many different fish around that taste better than bass, so I throw 'em back. Now, lemme catch a mess of crappie, perch or channels and I'll chow down.

Top water: rapala spitn image jr
4-8 ft around grass: Rapala shad rap floater in gold or silver
12-15 ft: fire tiger deep diver. Floats on the stop and dives in the retrieve. GREAT for trolling in 10 ft or so when the bass are suspended
Bed fishing, summer, or post cold front slow presentation: grape or watermelon seed culprit 9" worm rigged Texas. Crawl it as slow as you can stand. Bubble gum colored worm rigged whacky does well at times too

slick4591":msife1ct said:
skyhightree1":msife1ct said:
slick4591":msife1ct said:

Used to eat bass out of Granddad's pond, but as I grew older I started recognizing the sport fishing side. Too many different fish around that taste better than bass, so I throw 'em back. Now, lemme catch a mess of crappie, perch or channels and I'll chow down.
I love fried bass or baked with lemon juice. Here is a picture of where I live.
]

Devilhorse, green with silver specks on the sides and white bottom is my favorite color for Pearl River itself and MS.
River oxbows. When I grew up fishing the creeks, I liked the old H&H spinner with a black and yellow skirt and a small
Lucky 13-red and white.

skyhightree1":3528w4t6 said:
What is everyones favorite Lure or set up you use for bass? I typically use a crankbait that is silver on the sides has rattles in it and has blue on the bottom with 2 treble hooks the bass in my pond love it. I also like using red 6 inch worms secondary. I have never had much luck with buzz baits or lizard lures of course the old standby of nightcrawlers and minnows works excellent as well. I rarely go fishing anywhere but my pond but thats what my fish like.

Tequila sunrise colored plastic worm rigged Texas style. Used this 75% of the time.

TennesseeTuxedo":2g8s9cc4 said:
Anybody ever use a Mepps Spinner?

I used to do very well on sand bass using them. Oh, and The Little George too. Loved that one.

Mepps was one of my favorite spinner baits. Those H&H spinners were inexpensive, so I used those a lot. Left many on snags that I couldn't shake free.

slick4591":15udio36 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":15udio36 said:

I used to do very well on sand bass using them. Oh, and The Little George too. Loved that one.

Mepps was one of my favorite spinner baits. Those H&H spinners were inexpensive, so I used those a lot. Left many on snags that I couldn't shake free.

We used to trade red squirrel tails for mepps spinners.

Good topic.

Summer- Chug bug, yellow/ orange bottom, green side with black stripes. Use a 6 in. in big bass territory early morning or just before dark.

After dark, black double prop 3 or 4 blade buzz bait, rolled just fast enough to stay on top. Nothing more exciting in the dark. Good moonlight required.

Crawdad Texas rigged and worms pretty much year around.

Late spring, summer, fall- Double blade medium to large silver Colorado with white bait is my first out of the box pond lure. Love it for heavy timber fallen logs. Lot of strikes when you ease it over a big log, and it falls back in. Other colors pending conditions.

Winter- jigs or worms.

TennesseeTuxedo":1add7xor said:

Absolutely love Mepps and Rooster Tails for creek fishing. The red-eyes just love to smack those. I like to wade and fish creeks with an ultra-lite rod and a small box tied to my belt with Mepps, Rooster Tails and Rebel Crawdads in it. Smallmouth will tear them up too.

I have been catching a ton of bass in ponds lately using those Storm chartruse and also white wobble tail minnows. They give good action and the bass hit them hard. Walmart has them in a 3 pack for around $3 making them pretty inexpensive. When I was younger here you could literally clean a pond out with a white rooster tail and also a jitterbug when top water was hot.

Circle H Ranch

My wife can out fish me any day and I asked her whats her favorite bait she said worm/minnow and bobber lol She has her own tackle box with nothing more than different types of hooks weights bobber knife and maybe a few spinner baits thats it. I have a big tacklebox with different lures and no matter what she always catches more fish and big ones which is good for me cause she can't eat them lol

Storm wiggle wart, 3/8 ounce brown and purple jig with a packa chunk trailer, 6" green pumpkin fish doctor shaky head, slaw spinner bait, megabass stick bait. There is sevarel more but that's a good start.

skyhightree1":3nrxsju0 said:
My wife can out fish me any day and I asked her whats her favorite bait she said worm/minnow and bobber lol She has her own tackle box with nothing more than different types of hooks weights bobber knife and maybe a few spinner baits thats it. I have a big tacklebox with different lures and no matter what she always catches more fish and big ones which is good for me cause she can't eat them lol

Anybody can catch'em on live bait. Takes a "Master fisherman" to get them to hit something as ugly as a devils horse or a "plastic" worm. :mrgreen: :cowboy:

TexasBred":15k9umqe said:
skyhightree1":15k9umqe said:

Anybody can catch'em on live bait. Takes a "Master fisherman" to get them to hit something as ugly as a devils horse or a "plastic" worm. :mrgreen: :cowboy:

:lol: or a " Master Baiter " :lol:

Latest posts