Favorite Largemouth Bass Lure

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
What is everyones favorite Lure or set up you use for bass? I typically use a crankbait that is silver on the sides has rattles in it and has blue on the bottom with 2 treble hooks the bass in my pond love it. I also like using red 6 inch worms secondary. I have never had much luck with buzz baits or lizard lures of course the old standby of nightcrawlers and minnows works excellent as well. I rarely go fishing anywhere but my pond but thats what my fish like.

Many years ago when I was fishing quite a bit and lived in Dallas I had my best luck with a plastic worm rigged "Texas" style.

I fished around the boat docs on Cedar Creek Lake and tore 'em with that set up. Good times.

TT I also used mine texas style... I have some hula poppers never caught a darn thing but its cool looking while reeling it in lol

Here is my list in order:

Double bladed spinner bait
Shad Rap
Double Jointed Rapalla
Slugo
Floating Rapalla
Buzz Bait (spinner)
Root Beer color plastic worm 6"
Large Firefox spinner
Lazy Ike

TennesseeTuxedo":1124gbj9 said:
Slick, do you remember the "Hula Popper" or the "Dirty Bird"? Great top water lures.
Wow! The hula popper is a classic. Work great on lily pads or milfoil.

skyhightree1":rc0vt79p said:
Hoss nice line up. I never caught a bass over 3 lbs on a spinner bait.
I seem to get the best results with a large, double Colorado bladed spinner bait when targeting larger bass. I guess the old adage regarding bigger bait attracts bigger fish has some truth to it. Of course fishing where the big bass are can help :mrgreen:

lol funny I know my pond has alot of 6 lbers in there that I transplanted from other ponds or lakes but they rarely bite anything other than crankbaits.

I haven't seen one in years and frankly hadn't thought about them in a long, long time but here is a link I found. They were great lures for fishing over the tops of surface weeds and when you got to the edge in the open water you let them sink and they fell with a zig-zag motion like a spoon. Awesome lures.

http://bassfishingarchives.com/short-strikes/783

TennesseeTuxedo":25cm99pj said:
I haven't seen one in years and frankly hadn't thought about them in a long, long time but here is a link I found. They were great lures for fishing over the tops of surface weeds and when you got to the edge in the open water you let them sink and they fell with a zig-zag motion like a spoon. Awesome lures.

Can't say I remember them. I used a Jitterbug when fishing around lilly pads and grass.

Really nice fish, M5! It's may be just me but I couldn't have eaten a nice one like that. Those go back to make babies.

Latest posts