White Bass

Help Support CattleToday:

View attachment 2367You fellas have fun fixing those water troughs.I'm resting up, week from now I'm going to be jerking some lips. I caught these last week all males. The girls won't be far behind
Man alive !!! That is exactly what i am trying to get in on. A white bass run.

Tell me something. What is the water temperature like right now where you caught thoes at ? And were they running up a creek or were they staging at the mouth of the creek ? What type of lure were you using. I just got my boat tuned, registered, ready to go. Wasn't expecting them to run for a couple of more weeks yet. I am further North than you are i think. On the Arkansas river. Your in Texas ? If so water temps are probably warmer there and thus the spawn is earlier than here ?

Man alive !!! That is exactly what i am trying to get in on. A white bass run.

Tell me something. What is the water temperature like right now where you caught thoes at ? And were they running up a creek or were they staging at the mouth of the creek ? What type of lure were you using. I just got my boat tuned, registered, ready to go. Wasn't expecting them to run for a couple of more weeks yet. I am further North than you are i think. On the Arkansas river. Your in Texas ? If so water temps are probably warmer there and thus the spawn is earlier than here ?

Usually the middle or end of March here in MO, often the first good stretch of 50* degree days.

Gets really good later in the summer too when they move up shallow chasing schools of shad. You usually only have a 30 minute window before dark, but it's a fish every cast most of the time.

The grown up version of those are stripers. The real treat was when we would get into the 4 and 5 pounders hitting top water lures on Texhoma.

The grown up version of those are stripers. The real treat was when we would get into the 4 and 5 pounders hitting top water lures on Texhoma.
If your talking about strippers, I have friends that caught 30+ liber on Lake Tawakani. Not sure I spelled it right

Usually the middle or end of March here in MO, often the first good stretch of 50* degree days.

Gets really good later in the summer too when they move up shallow chasing schools of shad. You usually only have a 30 minute window before dark, but it's a fish every cast most of the time.
That 50 degree water temp stretch of days is what i read too. Also something about the earths equinox being so, so ?

That 50 degree water temp stretch of days is what i read too. Also something about the earths equinox being so, so ?

Yeah the length of daylight plays a part too.

Like any spawn, it can be very volatile, hot and heavy in one area at a given moment, dead in another, and the opposite the next day. A "shoulda been here yesterday" scenario for sure.

I know a lot of guys that chase them, but I haven't. I'll partake in the summer madness when given the opportunity, but you won't find me elbow to elbow on a riverbank in March.

Yeah the length of daylight plays a part too.

Like any spawn, it can be very volatile, hot and heavy in one area at a given moment, dead in another, and the opposite the next day. A "shoulda been here yesterday" scenario for sure.

I know a lot of guys that chase them, but I haven't. I'll partake in the summer madness when given the opportunity, but you won't find me elbow to elbow on a riverbank in March.
I am going to try and locate them with a death finder when they are staging before they start running. Always wanted to try that.

Latest posts