Favorite Hereford Bloodline

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz":37spu7dz said:
Would you be interested in some ocean front property?

In Arizona???

Only if you can truly make it ocean front by having california fall into the sea

dun

dun":mykbvuoe said:
cfpinz":mykbvuoe said:
Would you be interested in some ocean front property?

In Arizona???

Only if you can truly make it ocean front by having california fall into the sea

dun

Now that I can agree with.
29f in my herd and a few of em are good. :roll:

MD

HCF, a lot of the bloodlines you've mentioned made their mark in the show circuit. Are you showing any calves from your program?

Chris H":3jayhq9n said:
HCF, a lot of the bloodlines you've mentioned made their mark in the show circuit. Are you showing any calves from your program?

Chris, that is exactly why his favorite bull changes around the same time as the show in Denver.

Also why his favorite changes so often. Put any one of those champions in my pasture, make tham walk these hills to get their job done and see how fast they melt.

I have my favorite, he is a crossbred that comes near to being a mongrel. He works great for me and I don't have to buy a stinking certificate or push feed to him or his offspring to get them to perform. AND, I don't have to trust some big money breeder and his epd numbers. :cboy:

Muratic":1zx64vsd said:
Chris H":1zx64vsd said:

Chris, that is exactly why his favorite bull changes around the same time as the show in Denver.

Also why his favorite changes so often. Put any one of those champions in my pasture, make tham walk these hills to get their job done and see how fast they melt.

I have my favorite, he is a crossbred that comes near to being a mongrel. He works great for me and I don't have to buy a stinking certificate or push feed to him or his offspring to get them to perform. AND, I don't have to trust some big money breeder and his epd numbers. :cboy:
Sir, if you get the Hereford World, there is a picture of my herd bull in there and Fred Stivers took the picture when he was out of show clothes and in the pastures working. He bred an entire herd of cattle in Ohio for Paul and Marsha Farno in Eaton. Remitall Onilne 122L, I saw him many times in his work clothes and he never looked burned up or melted. So, I believe that SOME show bulls work very well and some don't. But not all show bulls melt; just remember that. :cboy:

Hill Creek Farm":3c6zapch said:
Chris H":3c6zapch said:
Yes, possibly a P606 in Denver 2007! Very excited! :cboy:
That's only 7 months away, so I guess the calf is already on the ground? What's it breeding? I assume you are hiring a professional to show it? Why not show in some of the eastern shows before heading west?

Latest posts