Favorite Hereford Bloodline

Help Support CattleToday:

Hill Creek Farm

Reaction score
As I looked through my cowherd inventory today at lunch, I noticed that most of my bloodlines are mostly Remitall, NJW, and Star lake. I also do have a little Line 1 in there as well. My question is, what is your favorite bloodline and why? I am not a big fan of Victor lines, because to me, there not a big enough cow for my operation. So, what type of Hereford lines do you Hereford breeders have? :cboy:

We've discussed this at length in times past, but here goes.

I've a blend of Victor and Hazlett/Turner Ranch, with some polled Lamplighter/Anxiety thrown in several generations back. My calf crop this year has HVH and Feltons thrown into the mix. BT CL Domino 15G and 445M are both pretty prevalent a few generations back. I've got quite a bit of MSU bloodlines, including Optimum Z03. There's some King Ten there. Quite a bit of RHF Victor 767 etc. There's even a touch of Line One.

There are Victor cows around here that are as big as you need to get and still be efficient. If 1400-1500# isn't big enough for you, you are heading in a different direction than most of the nations cowherd. Mine run 1200-1300. I like what I have and they are functional, but I am aware that some of the experts on this board don't care much for my cattle so.....

Do not have one - never will.

There are far too many good ones out there to pick a specific and stay with it.

Bez!

I always thought the Victor line was a good line, as I never saw a Victor bred bull or cow in a sales catalogue or semen book that I didn't like. I now have my own little Victor calf, a heifer off of Victor 103T. Definitely the shining blossom in our pasture. Will have to post some pictures at some point. Lots of females with MSU Optimum here, easy doing, pretty good on the fertility, udders good but the teats could be a little smaller. Thinking I will have to try and get my hands on a Victor 103T son from Coyote Acres in Vilna, AB. We are also using a JRLB Chivas Y168 son. Calves are moderate at birth but monster growers. Not as thick as I would like, but some of heifers are real front pasture models.

Pure Gold was quite popular for a while, but is somewhat on the decline. I sure would have used him, but we select for polled. Right now I like the heck outta P606, Boomer and DCC Freedom and Moler.

Glover36,

I am a big fan of both Remitall Boomer 46B and CS Boomer 29F. What about some other people in the Hereford business; what are your favorite bloodlines? :cboy:

Just because I have nothing else to do today...
I found this interesting:

posted on Oct. 5, 05
Hill Creek Farm":147t32bt said:
Ok, my favorite is Remitall Online 122L.

posted on Feb. 1, 05
I will say that mine is the BRL CALL 100L.

posted on Dec. 7, 04
REMITALL HIGHWAY ET 157H, REMITALL ONLINE 122L, PW VICTOR BOOMER P606, DR WORLD CLASS 517 10H, FELTONS MAGNUM 434, RF POSTIVE PLUS 73C, AND FELTONS DOMINO 774

glover36":1miwokke said:
this is my favourite hereford bull amazing calves thrown http://www.semex.com/semex.cgi?lang=en& ... 51512025J0

Not a real good picture of him glover. I'm not fond of the 46B or the 29F cattle. Are you useing this bull?

I run some simmy's and some crossbreds along with my herfs. I've never noticed the herfs hitting puberty later than the others. Everything here is bred to calve right at 2 or sooner. If they are "late bloomers" they don't last here.

Have you been having problems with the herfs not comming heat?

yeha every other heifers come in even when tehre like 8-9 months these hereofrds not even realted any how need to get needle to start them. that bull not a good picture but throws awesome fast gtrowing healthy calves

certherfbeef":22ylgrfq said:

posted on Oct. 5, 05
Hill Creek Farm":22ylgrfq said:

posted on Feb. 1, 05

posted on Dec. 7, 04
REMITALL HIGHWAY ET 157H, REMITALL ONLINE 122L, PW VICTOR BOOMER P606, DR WORLD CLASS 517 10H, FELTONS MAGNUM 434, RF POSTIVE PLUS 73C, AND FELTONS DOMINO 774
Some what, I changed my mine. Let me tell you how many times good ole Montie Soules changes his mine. It sure is more then me.

certherfbeef":1fm98a9y said:

posted on Oct. 5, 05
Hill Creek Farm":1fm98a9y said:

posted on Feb. 1, 05

posted on Dec. 7, 04
One more thing is, look at when I posted those posts. All of them, expect for one, is over a year ago. After seeing progeny, I will say that I still like Remitall Online 122L, BRL Call 100L, P606, 10H, and 774. NOW as in RIGHT NOW I am not a big fan of 434 or 73C. I will put it this way, I like Remitall Bloodlines, I very, very tiny bit of Felton, and I like NJW and Star Lake. So now some of the bulls I like a lot are Red Oak, LaGrand Reload, HF 4L Beyond 36N, Mohican Mint and Mohican Prime Up, Remitall LAGRD Pounder, STAR Bright Future, THM Durango, and some others. :cboy:

Latest posts