favorite dog

Help Support CattleToday:

ive had several breeds of dogs that was good over the years.but i stay with aussie sheppards.

Chesapeake Bay Retriever - they never quit and one of the most loyal and protective dogs I have ever Owned.

lol those all sound like some really good dogs. the breeder that we are repeat customers from claims that he's found the best dog in the world. he had owned labs and bred them and he had also owned heelers. he said they were both missing something so when he crossed them together he said each dog complemented the other one. i guess i believed him lol i grew up with dogs and we have a litter of pups due in june ,dads a boxer.

Favourite dog is my Jack Russell, hands down, never known any other dog that is more intelligent.
Grew up with Border Collies, my next dog will likely be another one.
Worst dog is a Boerboel, had two both were duds, hardly any braincells between them
Had Staffordshire terriers that were good, had a bullterrier that was outstanding and another one that had a personality disorder and bit me, the 12 gauge sorted that out.

I've had a few great dogs but my favorite is our F-1 St.Bernard/Rottweiler (mishap at the breeders I was told) He is solid red with the softest fur you've ever felt. Smartest, most loyal, best gaurd dog ever. Anyone who meets Ralph loves him. He does prefer the cold weather though. He's always on patrol and will find me and let me know if something is out of place. He's 11 and still has the energy of a pup.

Have had lots of dogs through the years, I have always liked Boxers. But hands down the best ever is a dog I got from a client. Two neighborhood dogs got together mom was a reg. yellow lab, dad was a reg. Chesapeake Bay retriever. Mom dropped 9 pups blacks and chocolates, we got a chocolate female at 8 weeks. She's 13 now and only has a couple of months left, hips are going out. Loyal and always at my side or in the truck. A few sad days coming.

We happened to find the same cross only mom was a black lab, she's 3, but she's more my wife's dog and just not the same personality... But a good dog.

Alan

Through the years I've had a lot of different dogs, many of them were the best dog I ever had but for different reasons. Springer, Basset, GS pointer, weanie dog, Beagle, each was unique and still the best ever.
But I still have a soft spot for Rotts and Pit bulls.

dun":315zpcop said:
Through the years I've had a lot of different dogs, many of them were the best dog I ever had but for different reasons. Springer, Basset, GS pointer, weanie dog, Beagle, each was unique and still the best ever.
But I still have a soft spot for Rotts and Pit bulls.
i know you've had a reason for liking those dogs but i never really cared for them. we had a litter of lab/heeler/gs pointers before though. they excelled in just about everything. they were great cow dogs and great hunters and they loved kids.

I've had a dog pretty much all my life. Seems everyone was my favorite at the time. Nearly all were nothing more than mutts but great companions for a young boy growing up and now for an old man.

our f2 lab/heeler female penny was bred to a f2 lab/boxer stud and is due to have pups on the 21st. shes so fat she looks like a wood tick! :lol:

longhornlover3498":2bxh880q said:
our f2 lab/heeler female penny was bred to a f2 lab/boxer stud and is due to have pups on the 21st. shes so fat she looks like a wood tick! :lol:
You gonna register them puppies?? :lol: :lol2: :lol:

longhornlover3498":2fb7pvnx said:
we breed for temperment not reg. papers. i mutt is just as good as a pure bred and carries better hybrid vigor.
+1 on that! Not that i don't love our Border Collie pup we have now, one of the smartest and most perceptive dogs i have ever been around.
My big soft spot is for Catahoulas, they are good herding dogs and too dang smart sometimes. My ladyfriend and i have our "son" Angus, he is 2yo Catahoula/Aussie/Heeler, when people ask what he is we usually say "100% cowdog!" Smart as a whip and iron tough, he has the shape of a Catahoula but slightly more size and long hair which makes a big difference up north here.

Latest posts