Famous people

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus Cowman":322sitlx said:
M5farm":322sitlx said:
Ac reminded me I used to personally deliver his groceries to his beach house In destin in the 90s . He was a nice guy and his wife was hot.
Who's wife?

Oh I almost forgot I married the granddaughter of the man that invented the Oreo
Haha I kinda left out a vital part of information . Jerry Jones.

The Oreo thing is pretty impressive. Sometimes we get the generic knock off, it ain't even close.

Angus Cowman":zqc85v5o said:
Met Johnny and June Carter Cash and Carlene Carter when we were building a theater that was supposed to be his in Branson
Have met several performers like Mickey Gilley, Ray Stevens and such working around Branson
Met Danny Shirley with Confederate Railroad a few times real nice guy he used to play at Wild Bills in Springfield Mo
I used to do alot of work for Jerry Jones and his mother , I have known his mom and dad my whole life really nice folks
Met Barry Switzer and several of the OU players from the 80s several times since my Uncle was a coach on Switzers staff
Knew the Bosworth brothers when they were in high school
Met and done quite a bit of work for Johnny Morris that started Bass Pro Shops
The Lennon sisters owned a farm just across the creek from where I lived in Mo
My list is alot like yours,this one is not me personally, but my dad use to work for jones dad up there also, he grew up just a few miles from the ranch.

We were around sevarel in Branson, but got to acctually know Roy Clark the best.

I have met a bunch of the well known rodeo people like Tuff Heademan, Ty Murray and his wife Jewel, Cody Ohl, Joe Beaver, Fred Whitfield, Sammy Andrews ( Sammy was a cool one he had Bodacious on display in a pen it had been awhile since I had seen the bull so I went to look at him and Sammy walked up and just started talking about Bo and his career very interesting.) and a few others. I have met a few country music singers the most famous was George Strait also met Hank Williams he was drunk right before a concert. Went to school with two guys who played in the NFL Dante Hall and Quentin Griffin. Went to school with a few other guy who would of played in the NFL but ended up playing for the prison for counterfeiting money and stealing credit cards.

cow pollinater":1eyeu6gc said:
Captain Kirk lives up in Three Rivers part time right around the corner from my cows. I've bumped into him in that town a few times but didn't really care.
When I was in my early teens I used to help an aunt in her store that was on the highway up to his place and he would stop in every now and then... He's a real jackazz in person. Finally he told my aunt one day that he approved of how we all pretended like we didn't know him. She told him "We know who you are, we just don't care." He never came back that I know of.

Did he do something to tick everybody off?

Saw Don Knotts in the Dayton Oh airport once. Stood behind Robert Plant in a line to get a soda at another airport. Stood in line next to John Larroquette in Century City, CA, to go to an outdoor movie. (Whatever happened to him?).

And although I never met her, I'm Annie Oakley's cousin. You'd think I'd be a better shot...

Back before his issues and movie career I met OJ Simpson at the airport. Helluva nice guy, or so it seemed.

Got to know Reba McEntire a little way back in the early eighties when she was first getting some stuff on the radio, but still playing the bar/rodeo circuit around here. She was always nice as could be, so was her band (we might've been pushing groupie status there for a little while - lol).

Have visited with Randy Owen from the group Alabama several times at Hereford shows and sales. Always friendly, easy to talk to (about cattle, at least). Met Teddy Gentry a couple of those times, too - he was nice enough, but not as talkative as Randy.

I wasn't even thinking of Rodeo when I made my list as I have met several that I just think of as regular guys so never think of them famous
Charlie Battles. Good steer wrestler and Reba's first husband,Clay O'brien Cooper, Roy Cooper,Joe Beaver and several other to numerous to list

Back in '77 they filmed a TV movie called The Trial of Lee Harvey Oswald. It starred Lorne Greene, Ben Gazzara and John Pleshette. One day I was assigned to Lorne Greene and that meant trying to keep him from being attacked or mobbed. I tried my best to keep him behind the barricades but he was having nothing to do with it. You wouldn't want to meet a friendlier person. Pleshette was an okay guy, and easy to keep out of the crowds. He'd even converse with you some. Gazara was a complete a-hole and spent most of non-filming time in his trailer sipping booze.

slick4591":3qmfwjvd said:
Back in '77 they filmed a TV movie called The Trial of Lee Harvey Oswald. It starred Lorne Greene, Ben Gazzara and John Pleshette.
Any relation to Suzanne Pleshette?
a beautiful woman..

Not sure if this qualifies as famous, but I spent my early childhood with Pat Tillman and his 2 younger brothers. He was the Arizona cardinal player that quit and joined the army then died in Afghanistan.

greybeard":2iyfim8n said:
slick4591":2iyfim8n said:
Back in '77 they filmed a TV movie called The Trial of Lee Harvey Oswald. It starred Lorne Greene, Ben Gazzara and John Pleshette.
Any relation to Suzanne Pleshette?
a beautiful woman..
She was always at the top of my list! Still can;t think of anyone that has topped her.

AllForage":3owku0af said:
Not sure if this qualifies as famous, but I spent my early childhood with Pat Tillman and his 2 younger brothers. He was the Arizona cardinal player that quit and joined the army then died in Afghanistan.

He certainly counts in my book. Instead of "famous", maybe "remarkable" or "well known" would be better.
I don't get excited when I meet a celebrity or famous person. I have met many, but don't have a thing to show for it. I've never requested an autograph or to have a photo taken. Years later I wish in some ways I had, something to pass on to my kids. One of my most memorable was spring 1996. We were working on a Saturday afternoon, hangar doors open nice weather. A Cessna 414 lands and taxies up to the hangar. Out steps Patrick Swayze. I didn't know he was a pilot. He was here looking at real estate.

Latest posts