Famous people

Help Support CattleToday:

Ouachita

Reaction score
The topic about Ellie May made me wonder about other famous, or infamous, people that CT members have met, known, grew up with, or from your home town. I'll bet there are some interesting stories waiting to be told, and heard.

Faye dunaway was born here. Went to School with her niece. Never met her. I've met alot of race car drivers. Ran into "the big show" in an airport in Tampa one time. Played golf with Bobby Bowden, Terry Bowden and Tommy Bowden rode in the cart with Bobby for 3 or 4 holes.

Captain Kirk lives up in Three Rivers part time right around the corner from my cows. I've bumped into him in that town a few times but didn't really care.
When I was in my early teens I used to help an aunt in her store that was on the highway up to his place and he would stop in every now and then... He's a real jackazz in person. Finally he told my aunt one day that he approved of how we all pretended like we didn't know him. She told him "We know who you are, we just don't care." He never came back that I know of.

Was stationed with Mary Ann Mobleys (Miss America 1959) win the Navy. He was well known for fighting, just before he would pitch in he would take out his teeth and hand them to someone. Sometimes wouldn;t get them back for days

cow pollinater":1r07m8qw said:
Captain Kirk lives up in Three Rivers part time right around the corner from my cows. I've bumped into him in that town a few times but didn't really care.
When I was in my early teens I used to help an aunt in her store that was on the highway up to his place and he would stop in every now and then... He's a real jackazz in person. Finally he told my aunt one day that he approved of how we all pretended like we didn't know him. She told him "We know who you are, we just don't care." He never came back that I know of.

I watched a fan fall on one of his horses one day and kill it. Very bizarre.

dun":3cydhoiq said:
Was stationed with Mary Ann Mobleys (Miss America 1959) win the Navy. He was well known for fighting, just before he would pitch in he would take out his teeth and hand them to someone. Sometimes wouldn;t get them back for days
Oh man, I remember that Miss America!!! Thought that was the prettiest girl I had ever seen in my life, and I guess she was since I was just 9 or 10.

I've only met 2 "famous" people in my life that I can recall, and only a brief thing--no story for either.
Wilford Brimley (Quaker Oats "it's the right thing to do" commercial) in a Kettle restaurant in Oklahoma City.
Dale Robertson--he was co-owner of some horses one of my employers owned and raced at Delta Downs and Evangeline Downs.

Now, INfamous people include one of the key players in the Texas Cheerleader Mom murder for hire thing back in the 80s or 90s.
I attended school up until the 9th grade with the girl on the right:
tdy_cheerleader_120211.video-260x195.jpg
She's Verna Heath but that is her married name. It was her and her daughter Amber (pictured on the left) that Wanda Holloway wanted murdered so Wanda Holloway's daughter Shanna could take her place on the Channelview Texas cheerleading squad. Verna, and her 2 older sisters ran the rake tractor, baler and haul truck when I hauled hay for their father Felton, that also owned the feed store in the little town I grew up in. All 3 of those girls were pretty as could be, especially Verna.

The only other infamous person I have met is Caustic Burno. ;-) 8) :lol:

Met Clint Eastwood one time in Washington DC in the congressional offices. We were both there for a particular bill. Sold clothing to Helen Hayes for her son James MacArthur. They were both the nicest people. President Gerald Ford visited my clothing store one time. and I met several professional golfers in my early days.

I met Chuck Norris at a restaurant years ago. He seemed like a nice enough guy. It was back when he had his show on tv. I felt a little sorry for him. So many people were asking him for pictures and autographs that the man couldn't hardly eat his lunch. I wouldn't want to live like that.

Said 'hi' to Kareem Abdul Jabbar at the 1993 Final Four (yes, he said 'hi' back. I was 11 years old and proabably 5 feet tall at the time)
Shook hands with the late Al McGuire, Roy Williams.

Also have had some famous clients in our area.
Actress Arielle Kebbel (most notably John Tucker Must Die and American Pie Band Camp). Met with her a few times at the property we still take care of for her and her parents.
MLB Player Jason Isringhausen

Was flying home from Conneticut a few winters ago and ran into Jerome Bettis and got a picture with him with my daughter. I told him he needed to come back to the Rams they need your help. He chuckled

I got to meet and talk to Bush Sr. & Colin Powell..

I saw Gregg Allman in a Memphis restaurant.

I sat next to Tom Brokaw on a flight to South Bend Indiana one time.

Being at in California a few times you see famous people all the time.

I am not a fan of pop culture personalities. The only person I asked for an autograph from was United States Navy rear admiral Grace Murray Hopper when I was in college. She was quite an inspiring individual and I was more easily inspired then.

Only "famous" people I've spent any time with were Jack Youngblood, Larry Brooks and Nolan Cromwell of the L.A. Rams back in the 80's. Also met former Texas A&M coach R.C. Slocum on day in a small town restaurant. No movie stars or famous entertainers.

I rode the train with Jimmy Carter from Cordele, GA to Plains, GA in 2002. It was the first run of a passenger train that carries visitors to Plains. My sister and I had our picture made with him. He was very nice, but said we had his sympathy when we told him we were teachers.
Paula Deen and her two sons came up from Savannah for the trip. I had never heard of them. I saw their van with The Lady and Sons on it, but that did not mean a thing. A few months later, I read all about them in SOUTHERN LIVING magazine. I was shocked to know that I had been with them on that Saturday train ride.

I have probably a dozen hours of bootleg recordings of my late friend Gaye Delorme (noted for "the rodeo song" and "earache my eye"). He was a phenomenal guitarist, both in blues, country and classical.

I am friends with Ross Rebagliatti's sister (first olympic snowboarding gold medal.. a fiasco.. 1998).. She's a great person

Shaken hands with all the members of Collective soul, have autographed picture of the band.. Also met Gordon Lightfoot when I was kneehigh to a grasshopper.

Met Johnny and June Carter Cash and Carlene Carter when we were building a theater that was supposed to be his in Branson
Have met several performers like Mickey Gilley, Ray Stevens and such working around Branson
Met Danny Shirley with Confederate Railroad a few times real nice guy he used to play at Wild Bills in Springfield Mo
I used to do alot of work for Jerry Jones and his mother , I have known his mom and dad my whole life really nice folks
Met Barry Switzer and several of the OU players from the 80s several times since my Uncle was a coach on Switzers staff
Knew the Bosworth brothers when they were in high school
Met and done quite a bit of work for Johnny Morris that started Bass Pro Shops
The Lennon sisters owned a farm just across the creek from where I lived in Mo

Jessica Biel's mothers family is from my home town. Sat next to her Aunt in band for years, dated her for a little while, great family and she is a nice kid.

Met some movie stars from the movies that get made here, Sam Elliot is by far the best and Billy Crystal is the worst.

Got pretty drunk with the cast of Conagher when they wrapped that movie in Canon City.

Met Loren Greene here many years ago when he had some business interest with a friend of my Dad's

Got to shake hands with Ted Williams when I was a kid. Didn't wash that hand for several years afterward.

Have met several Denver Broncos over the years. Most were good guys.

Most of the hollywood types i have met are twerps, Sam Elliot excluded.

and last but not least Paul Neuman lectured one of my classes in college when they were making the movie in Durango in 1968(Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid) He was a good guy but not real masculine.

Ac reminded me I used to personally deliver his groceries to his beach house In destin in the 90s . He was a nice guy and his wife was hot.

Charlie Daniels let me ride his horse, when I was just a kid. Maybe 10 or 11 years old. Seemed like a big deal at the time.

Talked to Dan Quayle a pretty long time in an airport once. He didn't have the entourage of secret service I was expecting. I guess they don't provide it for the vice, after they get out of office. Idk.