Famous people

Help Support CattleToday:

You guys have nothing on me! When I was 7 or 8, I was on the rambli'n Rod show! Okay it was a local show in Portland, about 30 kids piled into bleachers and screamed and waved every time somebody put their arms up when a popeye cartoon came on. He was a jerk he asked all three of my sisters for their names but never spoke to me!!! My claim to meeting celebs. :? :oops: :cry2:

There was a show here just like that, Alan, called Trooper Terry Time. Broadcast from Augusta, Ga. about 100 miles from here, I never go to be on it. :(

AllForage":wvorwcdw said:
Not sure if this qualifies as famous, but I spent my early childhood with Pat Tillman and his 2 younger brothers. He was the Arizona cardinal player that quit and joined the army then died in Afghanistan.
It qualifies, more than qualifies.

Meatloaf he was nice but very strange, he would request me by name when he would call and give me his grocery order. He would wait in parking lot for me. Played basketball with Roy Jones Jr.

HDRider":1w610d68 said:
AllForage":1w610d68 said:
Not sure if this qualifies as famous, but I spent my early childhood with Pat Tillman and his 2 younger brothers. He was the Arizona cardinal player that quit and joined the army then died in Afghanistan.
It qualifies, more than qualifies.
Yeah, that qualifies!

Met a bunch of world champion and world contender cowboys when I was rodoeing. Been too many years to remember all of them but a partial list off the top of my head includes; Larry Mahan, Doug Brown, Chris LeDoux, Deb Copenhavor, Jim Shoulders, Don Gay, and a whole bunch more. Traveled with two world champs. Bob Wagner who won the world riding bulls in 1964. And Dan Daily who won a ton of IPRA championships. Dan use to sleep on my bedroom floor. The two of us drank way too much beer and whiskey together back in the winter of '71-'72.
I met a bunch of country singers back then too. Ate breakfast with Barbara Mandrel one time. We were both at the same show that afternoon.

Dave":2x3axmqs said:
Met a bunch of world champion and world contender cowboys when I was rodoeing. Been too many years to remember all of them but a partial list off the top of my head includes; Larry Mahan, Doug Brown, Chris LeDoux, Deb Copenhavor, Jim Shoulders, Don Gay, and a whole bunch more. Traveled with two world champs. Bob Wagner who won the world riding bulls in 1964. And Dan Daily who won a ton of IPRA championships. Dan use to sleep on my bedroom floor. The two of us drank way too much beer and whiskey together back in the winter of '71-'72.
I met a bunch of country singers back then too. Ate breakfast with Barbara Mandrel one time. We were both at the same show that afternoon.
You know some from here, too.

Alan":2ykcibbs said:
You guys have nothing on me! When I was 7 or 8, I was on the rambli'n Rod show! Okay it was a local show in Portland, about 30 kids piled into bleachers and screamed and waved every time somebody put their arms up when a popeye cartoon came on. He was a jerk he asked all three of my sisters for their names but never spoke to me!!! My claim to meeting celebs. :? :oops: :cry2:

Alan I think CB and Greybeard were actual characters in the Little Rascals TV series. :lol: :lol:

TexasBred":1z82n75e said:
Alan":1z82n75e said:

Alan I think CB and Greybeard were actual characters in the Little Rascals TV series. :lol: :lol:

Darla and Spankie?

Met Yogi Berra several times at our local country club. Super nice guy and always willing so sign something and just talk to us kids.

3waycross":33l4dzv2 said:
TexasBred":33l4dzv2 said:
Alan":33l4dzv2 said:

Darla and Spankie?
TB must have been Wheezer:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_BGPyjTVrBbE/T ... ang_03.jpg
Or maybe that's him in the bowtie:
http://i.cdn.turner.com/trutv/trutv.com ... -Darla.jpg
http://img5.bdbphotos.com/images/orig/8 ... g?djet1p5k

A man claimed he was Froggy in The Little Rascals use to live here but I think he ended up being a fraud.

Carl Weathers father lives here in the valley at least part time I don't think they get along.

I got to sit at a table and visit with Chris Ledoux for close to a hour once before he got real famous. He was very easy to talk to and down to earth.

When they made Comes a Horseman here in the valley I seen James Caan and Jane Fonda. Jane Fonda went to our 4h fair.

Randy Couture has a house in the valley. I've see him around quite a bit. My wife works at the courthouse and she sees him fairly often. The first time she told me he was in her office I said, He wasn't hitting on you was he? Do I need to whip his butt? hahaha. Luckily she said he didn't. ha

I met Mel Gibson when he owned the Bear tooth Ranch. The people I rode with bought his top selling bull and they had me take their picture with him.

TexasBred":39d412i9 said:
wacocowboy":39d412i9 said:
I forgot about Adrian Peterson met him when he was in high school
You're still here so apparently you didn't meet him "head on". :lol:

As a former defensive player I will admit that is one player I would hate to have tackle.

My first Reg Limi cow was purchased from Apollo Creed (Carl Weathers) from the Rocky movies.

He stoud out at the shows , always dressed like a kid whose mom had too much money or was dressed for that Billy Crystal movie.

Nice cattle he was just out of place.