Education does not make you smarter...

Help Support CattleToday:

I have no problem with anyone living a nice lifestyle. It is their money. I don't believe anyone should live beyond their means and do it ALL the time. That's the main problem I see with folks. Nothing against financing a house or even a car but build a house or buy a car that meets your needs and not something that is twice the house you need or a luxury car when you are making minimum monthly payments in credit cards. Nothing wrong with being frugal but no excuse either for a so called "professional" to look like a bum. I really like for my insurance agent, CPA, broker, attorney, to look like he's actually has more customers than just me and doing quite well in life. I've worn a lot of "uniforms" in life and always tried to look as nice as I could with what I had to work with. :shock:

little old lady in my home town... painted houses her whole life. lived next to her sister in a little house. never married or went anywhere, always wore white overalls shirt, white cap.. she died and left over half a million dollars to her neice and husband, she had worked and saved all those years... they went through it, like a dose of salts through a widow

TexasBred":1bz7bynt said:
I have no problem with anyone living a nice lifestyle. It is their money. I don't believe anyone should live beyond their means and do it ALL the time. That's the main problem I see with folks. Nothing against financing a house or even a car but build a house or buy a car that meets your needs and not something that is twice the house you need or a luxury car when you are making minimum monthly payments in credit cards. Nothing wrong with being frugal but no excuse either for a so called "professional" to look like a bum. I really like for my insurance agent, CPA, broker, attorney, to look like he's actually has more customers than just me and doing quite well in life. I've worn a lot of "uniforms" in life and always tried to look as nice as I could with what I had to work with. :shock:
Good post.
Some of these post sort of remind me of a man I knew that worked for years, scrimped and saved, invested and made money. To borrow one of Caustics expression, "he had enough money to burn a wet mule".
One night I heard his wife say she would like a new car. The one she had had a few years and a good many miles on it. It was still serviceable but she just wanted a new car. He wouldn't hear of spending the money.
He gave a lot of money to his church, which was fine, but seems to me he could have given his wife a new car. She always worked too and contributed to their wealth.
It's too late now. Dead people don't buy cars or anything else.

Latest posts