Earth Hour 8:30 local time tonight. do your part-I done did

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
15acres1.jpg

frozen_al_gore_global_warming_hoax_frigging_idiot.png

Who has seen the satellite photo of earth at night, and N. Korea is dark? We should all set N korea as our goal!! At least if we were responsible evironmentalists.

Me and the dog went out back and both farted. :mrgreen: All I could muster tonight without increasing the odds of an accident.

Weatherman says single digits here tonight! There is still lots of snow on the North slopes of the hills. There may be global warming somewhere, but it's not on this globe!

Bez__":1ifdms68 said:
Snowed here again

Threw some extra wood in the stove to warm up the place a bit

Still more than a foot of snow on the ground

You guys are just not catching a break Bez!
How did lambing go this year with all the snow and record breaking cold temps?

hillsdown":210cx4fz said:
Bez__":210cx4fz said:
Snowed here again

Threw some extra wood in the stove to warm up the place a bit

Still more than a foot of snow on the ground

You guys are just not catching a break Bez!
How did lambing go this year with all the snow and record breaking cold temps?

Hey Hillsdown,

Have about 60 - 70 lambs on the ground - one lambing right now. Calves are coming - in the snow - nothing new there.

Cows are pretty much finished here - we are now down to less than 10. Big drop from the hundred plus head a few years back. I suspect the rest will go this year. Might keep a couple for family beef but that is pretty much it.

More money in sheep around here and it is easier on my poor torn up body.

Have another 100 or so sheep to lamb out yet. With the accelerated program we should hit 800 - 1000 lambs this year or early next. Every one of them in the cold barns is bred and waiting to do their thing.

Temp last night was about 18F and blowing hard so the chill was way down. I got up twice to light the diesel heater in the barn - once at 0130 and once at 0330 - cannot leave it run unattended - would hate to burn the barn down.

Sunny this morning - have the doors on the old barn open and steam is flying as we clean it out - just came in for a coffee. My help is late this morning so things are a little slow right now.

Might be putting up a new building this spring - about 40 x 50 - 100 depending on the money at hand. We need more space for the winter lambing if we are going to continue to supply the feed lots in Southern Ontario. We are now one of the larger producers in Ontario - and our low profile keeps the triflers away. Not many know how big we are and I kind of like it that way.

Taking back some land from the renter - need more hay ground. Bought a load in yesterday. Tiling some more land this Spring - money is flying out right now. We will need enough land this summer to produce at least 1,000 round bales or we will be searching for hay again - and I get tired of that.

This Spring has been tough - but as per normal we will make it - we always do.

Had some folks in to buy one of our Dorset rams yesterday - he is the last one on the place - we need to switch to Rideau to get the base flock numbers up.

Had Shadow the dog sort him from the flock - they tried to buy my dog! LOL I do not know how serious they were but the number they offered actually floored me it was so high.

Just NOT happening! When he is clean he sleeps on the pillow.

Hope all is well at your end - be safe and be happy - pet the pooch for me.

Bez__

john250":23jryxaw said:
Who has seen the satellite photo of earth at night, and N. Korea is dark? We should all set N korea as our goal!! At least if we were responsible evironmentalists.
:dunce: :dunce: Why don't you go find Al and the both of you saddle up your unicorns , and hug a tree together :roll: Or try your advice. but by your post it sounds like you already have . because it sounds like your pretty much in the dark :lol:

Wow, that's some coincidence.. my yard light is set to come on at 8:30 PM

I haven't had the fire lit in the shop for over a week now, 10C at night, hit 23C the other day, been windy, some sun, some cloud.. need to start up the irrigation before long here if we don't get some decent rain

The whole saving electricity is a bloody farce.. Ever noticed that every time a more efficient light bulb is made, it costs far more, and the price for power goes up proportionately?

retro":1ccw8q1c said:
john250":1ccw8q1c said:
:dunce: :dunce: Why don't you go find Al and the both of you saddle up your unicorns , and hug a tree together :roll: Or try your advice. but by your post it sounds like you already have . because it sounds like your pretty much in the dark :lol:
:lol2: Dang, so funny. You're in the dark, John!

john250":p1cq6hx9 said:
I had to put my Unicorn down (humanely, of course) when I learned that Unicorn farts contribute to global climate change.

That's going to upset my little girl. She wanted to trade the bird dog in for a unicorn.

Commercialfarmer":8jhl5hal said:
john250":8jhl5hal said:
I had to put my Unicorn down (humanely, of course) when I learned that Unicorn farts contribute to global climate change.

That's going to upset my little girl. She wanted to trade the bird dog in for a unicorn.

Unicorn farts are huge problem, I'm sorry to tell your daughter. EPA should have new rules soon. Bird dogs are good, only a minor slobber issue, which is addressed in the new water quality standards.

Glad the water quality standards can fix that, but do they address cookie theft? Seems that was her biggest rub.

She's pretty sure that a unicorn or pony (she has the same chance of getting one of those) won't steal cookies.

Latest posts