Local sale barn burned yesterday

Help Support CattleToday:

Little Joe

Reaction score
Our local sale barn burned yesterday due to a kitchen fire right before the sale was starting, no cattle or lives were lost thankfully. All cattle were loaded and taken to a sale barn about 45 miles away and the sale was back on. It had just swapped hands about 3 months ago, hopefully they'll rebuild. The side sheds and pens look to be salvageable but mail n structure is not.

Attachments

• D6DE1D39-2353-4204-8C2C-CA45AF5F5AD1.png
    D6DE1D39-2353-4204-8C2C-CA45AF5F5AD1.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 35
I hate to hear that.
Our local stockyards burned down in the 80's and the city would t let them build it back.

I hate to hear that.
Our local stockyards burned down in the 80's and the city would t let them build it back.
Different subject but ky hills, i got a call earlier that the Paris ky stockyard is closed this week because of heat. At over 2000 head a week that's a lotbof lost income.

Different subject but ky hills, i got a call earlier that the Paris ky stockyard is closed this week because of heat. At over 2000 head a week that's a lotbof lost income.
Yes, I saw it on FB that it was closed.
I told my wife about it and she said the yards in OK would probably laugh about them closing down due to heat. I wonder if other places are closing too.

Latest posts